cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI MDG Gurus, Need help on Parallel processing WF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to implement Parallel processing using BRF+ WF. The requirement is to discard the entire flow when one of the approver rejects and sends for revision. To explain the scenario , when the parallel step begins two user agents come into picture suppose 001 and 002. Now when user agent 001 rejects then for user 002 also it should get rejected or it should become invalidated. so when 001 and 002 both approves the changes it should flow to the next level else it should not. Can anyone explain how to do that? Using decison table can we achive it then how? and if not then how and where to implement coding to achieve it.

Thanks in Advance

Arnmitz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

You can do it with the rule-based workflow. However, you two things:

- fully understand how the decision tables work (be proficient in BRF+)

- build a custom sub-workflow that terminates immediately the moment an approver rejects a CR

You can then integrate this custom workflow into the main rule-based workflow logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abdullah,

Thanks for reply.

I would like to understand what do you mean by build a custom Sub workflow , are you pointing to ABAP workflow and then integrate it with Rule based WF? I did not understand clearly, can you help me with some kind of explanation/guidance on it. Really appreciate your inputs.

I learnt that MDG 7.0 mainly uses BRF+ and not ABAP WF, am I correct in my understanding?

Regarding BRF+ I have gone through few materials which are generally available on internet but if you have any good document archive or link which really helps a beginner like me it will be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Arnmitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Could you please provide below information

Ddo you mean that for MDG for parallel WF If one workitem is rejected but parallel another workitem is approved then WF goes to Next level after merging these two workitems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's clarify one thing first. There is nothing called BRF+ workflow. All workflow MDG uses are ABAP workflow templates. Now, when we talk about rule-based MDG workflow or BRF+ workflow we are talking about a specific ABAP WF template that was built specifically for MDG enabling you to customize it however you like. Namely, the workflow template is WS60800086.

Having said that, what I mean by custom workflow is exactly that. You need to build a custom sub-workflow template using the standard ABAP workflow builder. This custom sub-workflow template can then be integrated into the main workflow template that uses BRF+ if you still need to use it for other steps that are not parallel. If you think you don't need the BRF+ workflow then you can build the whole thing as a custom workflow template.

Your logic for fork will be something like the diagram:

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it depends on how to you pass the results back to the rule-based workflow. At the end of any custom sub-workflow, you always need to raise standard event BUS2250.SUBWORKFLOW_PROCESSED passing the resulting action from all parallel branches.You have to decide the value and then you have to handle the value in the parent BRF+ decision table that called the sub-workflow template. So, if one person rejects you should send the result action as rejected. Similarly, if everybody approves, you should send the result action as approved, and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank you!

Answers (0)