Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip background print parameter screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My program has selection screen. This program should be able to execute in foreground and background manually. When every time execute it in background, the background print parameter screen always pop up to ask you fill in the "Output Device" and need to click the green check etc. My client would like to skip this screen, since output from background will be a file in the server. Can anyone know how to program in order to turn it off?

Thanks,

Meiying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if that can be prevented.

An alternate solution is that you could create a wrapper program with the same selection screen plus a radio button to execute in foreground or background.

And then based on the radio button you could either submit your main program or you could schedule it in background using JOB_OPEN etc function modules.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly you have to identify where in your code, the print dialog is being called, if is being called by function module GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS then you can pass 'X' to import parameter NO_DIALOG.

If it is a smartform the NO_DIALOG option is in the parameter 'control_parameters'.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think in start-of- selection chech if sy-batch = 'X' .

and thre you can add this code .

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meiying,

it is hard to give you a better answer than Felipe already does if you do not share detailed information about your problem.

I just can add the structures:

Sapscript is located in Structure ITCPO

and Adobe it is SFPDOCPARAMS

~Florian

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if that can be prevented.

An alternate solution is that you could create a wrapper program with the same selection screen plus a radio button to execute in foreground or background.

And then based on the radio button you could either submit your main program or you could schedule it in background using JOB_OPEN etc function modules.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur,

I also did a lot of trying include yours. I think this might be the only way to do it.

Meiying