Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

UI Theme Designer CSS

I am looking for a better understanding of how to work with the UI Theme Designer and the CSS Tab.

I am working with the ESS Landing Page.  There is CSS within the application that control the color of the Header inside the lane.

when I Inspect Element in Chrome, I can see the CSS that is controlling this from the application:

I have added the URL to the application in the Theme Designer and on the CSS Tab I have added the following to my custom theme (based on sap_goldreflection):

In the preview of the theme designer I can see this change to the darker green that I set:

When I inspect the element in Chrome within the UI Theme Designer, I can see my css from the css tab being applied:

If I comment out this portion of the CSS in the lpd.css of the application itself and then launch the application with my custom theme via URL Parameter &sap-theme=ZMSU_Goldtheme0502, the CSS is not applied although I can verify in Chrome's Developer Tools that the theme is loaded.  This results in the background of that Favorites box just being white.

Am I not utilizing the CSS tab in the Theme Designer appropriately?  Or am I missing a step or something?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Tags:
replied

I also needed to tell it where the theme was so instead of just:

&sap-ui-theme=ZMSU_Goldtheme0502

I needed to add the path as follows:

&sap-ui-theme=ZMSU_Goldtheme0502@/sap/public/bc/themes/~client-100

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question