Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Cluster and pool tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think this has been asked previously.

Have a doubt, i think this area is kind of opaque.

This is the scenario, we have standard business suite systems now i am going to get the data into hana using SLT how do i handle cluster and pool tables. Do i bring in the declustered data?

I am aware that we can get the data from these tables into BW on hana, not sure if that is correct.

What are the best practice approach for these table classes.

How have you implemented these kind of scenarios.

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SLT Supports replication of non-Unicode to Unicode systems.

Includes cluster / pool tables, etc. (writes into transparent tables in SAP HANA system).

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So slt will decluster the tables from business suite into transparent tables in hana.

How is the mapping done as to which transparent tables should it be since it would be new right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware of what SLT does , what i was asking is that cluster tables which would be de clustered how do they get mapped to the transparent tables ?

I read somewhere that cluster tables are supported in BW on hana.

But SoH is different right we have only transparent tables right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLT takes care of this for you and converts cluster tables like BSEG into transparent tables in HANA. There is nothing you have to do.

With SoH, there shouldn't be any cluster tables, but if you did a migration and failed to apply SAP Note 1798054 then there might be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Thanks a ton for the response.Now when the SLT converts for example BSEG into transparent table what would be the table name in HANA, will it be the same name as BSEG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want the table name to be same you can change it in SLT tcode--IUUC_REPL_CONTENT,otherwise table name would be same as the source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLT support all kind of tables for real time replication.

1. Transparent tables

2. Cluster Tables

3. Pool tables

There is no separate process for all these kind of tables..Same approach.

Regards,

Joydeep.