Incoming email to SAP inbox
We have our SAP installed on SuSe linux , i have a scenario where i have to send and receive emails from SAP to outlook and vice versa.
These all days i used relay server (postfix) installed on localhost to send messages from SAP to other accounts, this was working fine with out any issues.
Now i also need to receive emails from outlook to my SAP inbox, my mail id which we use is created by using google apps.
- According to note 607108 i have updated SMTP node in SCOT and defined all the connection.
- I used TLS and defined my username/ password.
- After these configuration i am also able to send emails from SAP inbox to other accounts
- I have also enabled SAPconnect in SICF and assigned a valid user.
- But Still I am unable to receive email to SAP inbox
Here my doubts are.
- Do i need an exchange server mandatory to receive emails to SAP inbox.
- Does SAP has its own server to SEND / RECEIVE emails.
- Do i need to do any setting in SCOT , because i am using smtp.gmail.com as my mail host.
Please advice me in moving forward
Thanks in advance.
i just did some thing and it worked for me, i don't think this will help other but here are the steps.
1. I have configured SMTP server in scot.
2. For my office email server i have created a forward rule to my SAP, in my forward rule i have created "<SAPUSERNAME>@<SAPIPADDRESS>" (*eg : suppose my sap user name is ABC and sap public ip address is 123 then my email in forward rule is ABC@123 ). which ever email i am getting to my sapinbox they were forwarded to SAP system.
3. I was able to see all the email in TX SOIN , but not in my users inbox.
4. For that i have created a inbox rule in SCOT then i am able to see messages in my SAP inbox.
SCOT --> inbound messages --> inbound distrubition -->start
under recepient "ABC@123"
New recepient "ABC"
This entire approach i have done without Exchange server.