Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 7.3 Restore issue

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a 7.3 MaxDB across to a test server so that I can upgrade the Content Server. I'm getting the following error :

-24988 sql erro [util_execute INIT CONFIG];  -902,Message not available,wrong path specified.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to MaxDB and the there are very little resources out there for 7.3

Regards

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

'wrong path specified' basically means that the file could not be located at the given path. If I remember correctly, the GUI is a bit misleading here as under path you need to include the path+filename. You might also want to look in the database log files like 'knldiag' for further info.

Thorsten

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Thorsten. I did look in the knldiag.err and found this error:

wrong path 'C:\sapdb\CHD\dbsys\SYS' (dated 2014-09-04 15:39:58)  Noticed that that file was there in the source system, but unable to copy across as it was in use (probably) as the db was up and in use. I went in to initialise the target dba and got it to create it's own 'SYS' file (under this structure) and this error has not been logged in the knldiag.err file since.

Answers (0)