Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCM: Hand Out / Return Work Permit Status

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Experts, Gurus and SAP Sages!

In the user status profiles for the WCA object (WAI), the following business transactions appear in transaction control:

WCMY Hand Out Work Permit          

WCMZ Return Work Permit

which are supposed to influence the System Status

I0642 WPHO Work Permit Handed Out

What is the use or purpose of this? I infer that this is a functionality to track the hand over or "sign off" of the Permit to the Maintenance crews. Is that an implemented feature? I am unable to track down any documentation on this functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi , I couldn't see following transaction controls for all WCM objects. Can you please say which object type is clicked in user status profile and even screen shot will be good.

Regards,Srinivas

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Srinivas,

it's for the Object Type WAI ("Application") i.e the WCA.

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

Are you working on the Work permit system or WCM Enchanced Model, as there are lot of difference in WCM modules , specially in ECC6  WCM and ECC 6 EHP 5 we call it as permit management system.

In the user status we will defined which ever is required , and you will assign it to transaction code.

More over in the WCA application it depends on the Requirement of the client about the user status.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Thirupathi,

We are working with the Enhanced Model on ECC6 EHP6 (Soon to be EHP7)

The user status is not really relevant here, the screen shot is just to picture the business transaction controls. I am interested in the business transactions WCMY & WCMZ and the (standard) system status I0642 WPHO that they allegedly influence. But I do not know where is that status set in SAP, nor it's exact role in the WCM process...

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

Am unable to find the business transaction WCMY &WCMZ. The main purpose as per knowledge is if the Apllication like hotwork, scafolding etc when the user wants the status to be changed for the approval then this functionality is useful.

For example if the user status if like issue, pending, closed. In Issue again in the business transaction if you check mark yes, forbidden etc , this functionality will be working for that status.