Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Property Value 'Contains' instead of 'Is equal to'

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to reference a dimensional property value in the sense of 'contains' instead of 'is equal to'.

In other words: We all know it from Excel: Here it is possble to define a column filter based on 'contains'.

(BTW, in the WORKSTATUS context of the ENTITY dimension / OWNER property, it is possible, however only there as it seems.)

Anyway, I'd like to generically achieve the same in EPM templates (without having to apply the Excel filtering).

A potential way could be to apply a dynamic filter in the member selector, however, the only valid entries are =, <>, Like, and Between. (And applying multiple dynamic filters (using '+' Operators) , covering all possible entries of the desired property value should not be the preferred option at this stage.)

Another way I could imagine to be working out ist the EPMDimensionOverride formula, however, I can't work out out the potential syntax.

So please, if anyone got an idea...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least a simples example:

Say, the Dimension 'TEST' has got the property 'FILTER'

And it's dimensional members are as follows:

KEY               FILTER

TEST_1          A

TEST_2          B

TEST_3          A,B

TEST_4          B,C

Aim:

Filtering a template based on 'contains' A should display the members TEST_1, TEST_3

Filtering a template based on 'contains' B should display the members TEST_2, TEST_3, TEST_4

Filtering a template based on 'contains' C should display the member TEST_4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, your help is appreciated!

Claus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Unfortunately there is no way to achieve requirements you have (many to many relationship between  KEY and some filter).

Vadim

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks heaps for your answer, Vladim!

That's funny, huh? As mentioned, in respect to the Workstatus control, SAP made that functionality available for the Owner property of the Entity dimension (i.e. more than one user can be declared as an owner of a e.g. Cost Center and could hence change a particular Work Status).

Any ideas for a workaround ?

Have a good weekend...

Claus

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Can you provide more practical description of your requirements? What user will select on the report and how and what will be a desired result...

In other words how you want user to interact with this report!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. About like: according to help you can use wildcards * to check for some part of the string, but I am not sure it will help you: Like *B*

Vadim

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim - your are not 'a', You are 'the' legend!

Thanks mate - that's it!

Answers (0)