Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencing of Sender SFTP Channels

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Current scenario :
In my current project we are integrating with SAP HR. The scenario is SFTP --> IDOC.Legacy applications dump 14 files for 14 different interfaces on the SFTP adapter and the sequencing of these interfaces is maintained by using the automatic scheduling of adapters feature in SAP PI. SO 14 channels start and stop in a sequential manner. Sometimes the legacy application dumps files which are very large in size which need to be skipped and not be processed. We managed to take care of this by using file restriction size in SAP PI SFTP sender communication channel.

Issue : The size restriction feature prevents that particular channel for which a large file was received from processing the large file. How do i stop the channels that come after that.

Example : I am using 5 channels as example for convenience sake

As is :

Channel 1 : Small file : Processed
Channel 2 : Small file : Processed
Channel 3 : Large file : UnProcessed
Channel 4 : Small file : Processed
Channel 5 : Small file : Processed

Desired To be:

Channel 1 : Small file : Processed
Channel 2 : Small file : Processed
Channel 3 : Large file : UnProcessed (Channel goes into error , corrective action :client is intimated and large file is split files or correct file is put on SFTP)
Channel 4 : Small file : Not to come on and Wait for channel 3 to process
Channel 5 : Small file : Not to come on and Wait for channel 4 to process

In short if Channel 3 goes into error then subsequent channels 4 & 5 should not process any files on SFTP.

Please provide ideas on how to over come this.

Regards
Joel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of the additional files option in sender SFTP channel.

Please refer to my reply under below thread.