cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse SDK Extension with DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the SAP DS sdk samples components and eclipse in my machine. I have configured the sample SDK components in Eclipse and i am able to run the eclipse and call the Design studio and the sample components are displayed in the Design studio saved the report in my favorites Bi platform.

Now closed the eclipse, and opened the design studio and tried to open the report in my favorites which i saved,the reports open but it displayed the error saying that need to install or update the listed extension to see the added sdk sample components.

Please help me out the steps to install the SDK Sample components in Design Studio directly. I have tried in tools install extension to design studio and the file i have selected is the SDK sample. zipped file(DS_12_SDK_SAMPLES.zip! it throws the error 

Pop up message : Failed to discover all connectors

Repository discoverey strategy failed with an error

failed to proess repository contents

No repository found at

jar:file:/C:/Users/E876453/Downloads/Ds_12_SDK_samples.zip!/.

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys.

This is at least the 5th time I've seen people having this problem.  You cannot ever simply install the SAP SDK .ZIP source files to Design Studio without putting them in an Eclipse Feature Project so that you can bundle them in a bundled, deployable form.

This means you must do that yourself.  Please review section 3.3 of the SDK Guide which explains step by step how you must do this:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD13/en/ds13SP01_dev_guide_en.pdf

Please, please, please read the documentation.

Depending on who is releasing these SDK extensions, some people choose to provide the source only, and other people will provide the source, and a pre-bundled version.  SAP has only released the source projects so you have more work to do.

Not everybody is an SDKer so I have opted to pre-bundle anything I give out.  (I'd do it for SAP's examples, too but it's not my work.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your support, i am able to integrate the SDK components directly in Design Studio using the Install sdk extensions

Regards,

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Have you specified the correct category when exporting your feature project?

In the Export popup, go to Option tab, then "Categorize repository". There you need to specify the path to the category corresponding to the feature you are exporting.

You also need to check the option "Generate p2 repository".

Regards,

Tanguy

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

The DS Sample files ZIP only contains the source code for the components.  If you want to install these components in DS you need to create a Feature Project and export an archive file from it.  This is the file you must then install in DS.

The procedure for creating a Feature Project and Deployable Feature is described in the DS SDK Developer Guide in Section

3.3 Adding an SDK Extension to a Design Studio Installation.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Message was edited by: Mustafa Bensan

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh - please search before you post per SCN rules.  Please see

Former Member
0 Kudos

It throws me error tammy. the same error, i have tried these long back as per your link.

Regards,

Ramesh