cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the loca testing restriction of SimpleProxyServlet for test using IP address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to remove the local testing restriction of SAPUI5 Simple proxy servlet ? The Simple proxy servlet works fine with localhost but when I try to access with my IP address it fails giving the following error :

HTTP Status 500 - Only allowed for local testing!

Is there any parameter that can be set to avoid this ?

Regards

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mayank,

i am not working on this SAPUI5 Simple proxy servlet in my project, so i have created an Apache proxy server in local system, so that i can test with my application with IP address, from any of the other systems(which are in same domain.) here i am by passing the proxy, by using same origin policy.

in my case, its working.

for more information see below link, to resolve Same Origin Policy issues.

regards,

Prasad

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is a serious question, but since you're using the SimpleProxyServlet, I take it you are familiar with its documentation as well, which clearly states (emphasis mine):

Be aware that due to security reasons the SimpleProxyServlet is restricted to local testing purposes only. It can only be used for local host scenarios (accessing Gateway services to avoid cross-domain issues) and will not work when deployed on an application server. For productive use, refer to a mature proxy servlet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin ,

I am aware of the security documentation of SimpleProxyServlet but my team is spread across different locations and just wanted to have this information so that collaboration is a little easier and they can access my local server through the IP address and have a quick look at developments.

Regards

Mayank

former_member17640
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why on earth is it so easy to set up the SimpleProxyServlet and such a nightmare to set a production quality solution? I can't imagine how many person hours that have been wasted after googling myself for 2 hours and finding so many people struggling.

Crazy idea but why isn't this just built into the cockpit for HCP?