cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP - File size restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We are using the SAP Standard SFTP adapter. Our scenario is 3rd party - SAP PI - SAP ECC(Idocs). We are having around 15 interfaces for posting HR data to SAP. These interfaces run at night as per the automated channel schedule(In a sequence) set in SAP PI.

Problem :

The third party sometimes send very large files around 100 MB whcih get stuck in PI and we have to take system restart.

Proposed solution :

We will be restricting the file size by using parameter in SFTP sender adapter to say 5 mb.

Issue :

As this is HR data so the interfaces need to be processed in Sequence only as per info types. IF we receive a file which is greater than 5 MB then that will not be picked by PI but the subsequent interface files will be processed from PI and that will result in Idoc sequencing issues in ECC.

As part of this we want to achieve is : If a file is ingnored by PI then the subsequent interfaces should not be processed. After correcting the faulty file the interfaces should be processed as per sequence.

Any idea on whether this can be achieved or not?

Thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav -

I think you can make use of the additional files option in the SFTP sender channel.

i.e.

For the interface 1, create another inbound interface along with IDOC's which will place the files on SFTP server from where your subsequent interfaces will pick the files.

Interface1(SFTP) -> PI -> ECC and SFTP server (Please select EOIO)

The file which you are creating on the SFTP server will act as a trigger file for your subsequent interfaces.

In the subsequent interface, under additional files mention the above filename which was create by interface 1.

If the file is not available then your subsequent interface will not run.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As far as i know you can't have a control about which files to pick according an older value in other file, even with java mapping because you would need to store the values (so much complicate). I think the best solution is to wrap the idoc with RFC or Proxy in the ECC system and to have the control in that system.

Regards.