Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query Broadcasting Issue

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,
When we open Bex Designer we have an option to publish a Bex Broadcaster and it directs us to the portal.(I tried both from Dev and Prod) 

Now issue is the portal is not working. So what I did is, I went to RSRT and  i could find the URL 
of the portal is directing JAVA STACK.  I am suspecting that JAVA stack is not been installed. Please correct me if I am wrong.
So,
1. Is there any  way to  find out if JAVA stack is present or need to be installed.
2. And more importantly how to make the portal work so that when we call the broadcaster it runs in the portal and
    we can send the BEx Reports  via email

Thanks,
Aparajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need the Java Stack. There are some good checks here:

Checklist for issue during creation and editing of Broadcaster-Setting - SAP NetWeaver Business Ware...

Do you use any functionality in the portal at the moment, if so then the Java Stack already exists. You can verify it is installed ok with note 937697.

Regards,

Michael

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,
Thanks for your kind response and guidance.
The document is real good and informative.  I will need to go through this in depth.
Will check the note as well.
No  i dont use any functionality in the portal as its not been configured and not working.
But as requirement has come from the client end that they want reports to be  mailed to their maild Ids, I could find the portal has not been configured by the team who implemented already
So i guess, I will need to get it done now. Just done with Precalculation server installation.

Regards!
Aparajit!!

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparajit,

Please go through the following SAP Note and check whether it is helpful:

917950 - SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web.

Also, please don´t use report RSPOR_SETUP for configuration check for

SAP NetWeaver 2004s. The report has been replaced by the Support Desk Tool.

Please have a look at following SAP Note:

937697 - Usage of SAP NetWeaver BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool

RSPOR_SETUP is obsolete in BI 7.x release and Support Desk Tool should

be used in 7.x release.

Also, please refer the following SAP KBA Note:

1841224 - RSPOR_SETUP : Maintain Settings for Integration into SAP Enterprise Portal

If there are any error messages seen in Support Desk Tool, it means that the configuration done between ABAP stack and Java stack is not proper and please correct it using the Solution mentioned there and check whether it helps you.

Also, please note the following:

"With SAP NetWeaver 7.1, the Visual Administrator is replaced by

the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, that is, all relevant functions of

the Visual Administrator are available in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

The Visual Administrator is no longer delivered as of SAP NetWeaver 7.1.  "

Also, please refer the following SAP KBA Note:

1899396 - Patch Level 0 for BI Java Installation - Detailed Information

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sapna,
thanks for the reply. You have provided me lot of information via notes which i need to check and draw a proper conclusion. But one thing I would like to ask, how to download the SAP KBA Notes.
I am able to download the SAP Notes but not KBA ones.
Would you like to explain.
Regards
Aparajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparajit,

We usually do the broadcasting from the information broadcasting tab in the report itself. this we can get after executing report either in RSRT or in web reports.

is this tab enabled for you? usually in all standard report templates , this is available.

Regards,
Sakthi.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sakthi,
Thanks fo reply.
Yes it is enabled and When i send the report  via email  in zip format from RSRT, it works. But the problem is when i extract and try to view  the URL does not work. Its showing blank
Thanks, Aparajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparajit,

Since you are able to receive the Zip file in the email, the boardcasting is able to send the file. the reason for blank file, would be due to some other issues. Like file size exceeded(may be more than 20 MB like that), wrong email recipient etc.

you can check your broadcasting job in SOST tcode, to check why it is failed.

Regards,
Sakthi.