Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

FI Validation OB28 : using dynamic set for WBS

Dear Gurus,

I want to make validation in FI with OB28 to validate WBS number start with D910002* only valid for GL account 400000.

But, I find difficulties on how to create formula for D910002* ( this range is alphanumeric)

I created Basic Set (GS01) ZGL_COS , with dynamic set, I put range as D910002AAAAAA – D910002ZZZZZZ

My plan for validation will be as below :

Prerequisite :

BKPF-BUKRS = ‘1000’ AND BSEG-PROJK IN ZGL_COS

Check :

BSEG-HKONT = ‘400000

But I can’t Save it, SAP give error message as below :

The entry of group ZGL_COS_NONPOC is not valid

Message no. GR383

Diagnosis

The entry of set ZGL_COS_NONPOC2 is invalid, because it is a selection variant or contains a selection variant.

Since values that are selected with selection variants can change at any time without changing the definition of the group, selection variants cannot be used in the following positions:

•     In the columns of a Report Writer report

•     as default sets for set variables

System Response

The entry is rejected.

Procedure

Enter a group that does not contain a selection variant.

It seems SAP recognizes my data as “selection variant”.

Do you guys know how to validate WBS with alphanumeric ranges in the efficient way?

Thank you.

Former Member
replied

No problem for the font

Ok, I see your point. I did some research and got to the conclusion, that you cannot do it with BSEG-PROJK. The values in BSEG-PROJK are converted WBS codes, i.e. internal codes used by SAP. So, even assuming that you can create a set with the values in question and use it in a validation, won't solve the problem.

You will be forced to use user-exit in your validation and convert the values. You can consult note

77268 - Conversion of sub-fields not correct for conversion information. If you are not familiar with user-exists in validation, consult note 842318.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question