Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP -GATP PRODUCT SUBSTUTION LOGIC ?

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I would like ask some points regarding product substituon logic..

My requirement is e to get substitute product in the case of unavailablity of original product in the sale order.

I configured the following seetings in APO

condition table

condition record

access seq

condition type

rule strategy

assigned rule strartegy

check instution(activated RBA)

integtaed rule maintaince

rule determination

CIF( all the products location are availble in APO)

In ecc i created Business trasction & assigned to Order type.

I created a sale order and excecuted availabity check in the sale order. it is going to APO side but corresponding rule not picked. Its giving " no rules was found" ..

In APO side i executed /SAPAPO/AC04 tocde i entered all the values like Product,Plant,check mode,business event and excecuted. its going to chararcterstics based screeb it asking

Technical scenario, Business Trans,  action type and in chaacterstics i filled with required details. in this case rule picking its giving substitute porduct as sub line item..

But form ECC side if do availabilty check that screen not comming...Could you please find the below screen shot. rule is not commimg

I think you understand my query.....

Iam requesting all to valuable suggestion to proceed further..

Thanks and Regrds

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your sales documet picking up the right check instructions that say "Rules Based Availability". If yes - it should work. It is quite difficult to judge just by seeing one screenshot. I hope you have the condition record with the rule maintained in the correct condition record that matches the parameters of your Sales document.

Babu Kilari

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

hi babu

Please find the below sceen shot for Check instuction......its picking right check instruction

Is their any link between condition record with R/3.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Any reason for using the checkbox "Calculation Profile" ? Could you explain the business scenario that drives this ?

Also to answer your question - It has got nothing to do with the condition records of ECC. If the rule is being picked up the issue could be in the rule evaluation. Please try to see if you're able to evaluate the rule in the delivery proposal screen. If you're unable to do so, then the problem is indeed with the RULE itself or if you're unable to see the rule in the delivery proosal screen, perhaps your RDD is not falling with the validity of the rule that was maintained in the condition record.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi babu

Delivery proposal scrren means...

could clarify this . where have to that screen any trasction?

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi babu

find the below comments

If the rule is being picked up the issue could be in the rule evaluation. Please try to see if you're able to evaluate the rule in the delivery proposal screen.(/sapapo/rba04 i had given my source product and loaction and then clicked on rule evalution its picking the substitute products in evalution rule)

If you're unable to do so, then the problem is indeed with the RULE itself or if you're unable to see the rule in the delivery proosal screen, perhaps your RDD is not falling with the validity of the rule that was maintained in the condition record.( /sapapo/aco4 if simulate the rule its picking my rule and giving substitute product as sub-item, but if i do check from R/3 its not picking. dont know what i missed)

Can you help in this regard.

Regards

Sudhakar

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi babu

Following screen getting while iam doung availability check

kindly requestinag all help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Reagrds

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

could you sent a screen shot of your rule in integrated rule maintenance and the condition table screen shot for ATP.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Looking at this error, it is very evident for me that system is unable to find out the RBA rule from APO system. I suggest you to sit with an ABAP developer and debug the RFC call from ECC to APO and then set the break-point in /SAPAPO/ATP_RULES_EVALUATE in this FM to see what it is throwing you at the end. this should help you identify the root cause.

thanks & best regards,

Babu Kilari

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

Many Thanks to your contribution on my issue. Now Iam getting APO confirmation screen through availabilty check..But my scenario is different

say Prod A-1000qty   Prod B-1500 Prod-C 2000.

Sale order detail

======================

10     Prod-A     5000qty 

=======================

Its picking my rule and proposing the following details   APO screen

-----------------------------------

Prod-A     1000         DeliveryProposal    []   rule

Product/location substitution

--------------------------------------------------

Prod-B     1500         DeliveryProposal     

Prod-A     2000         DeliveryProposal      

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Iam triyng ask form above is " Partial confirmation is not happening" because iam ordering 5000Qty but with substituion iam getting 4500Qty. At least I have to confirm 4500 qty ..Only for one substitution only its proposing confirmation..

Could you help me in this regrad. Kindly let me know if you are not getting my issue.

Regards

Sudhakar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear. But, I made some comments below. Hope that helps.

If you're having 3 products linked together. In that case you need to have substitution setup between A->B and B->C only then you will see the substitution happening between all the three. Otherwise you will see the substitution happening only between A->B and you will get the confirmations as per the stock that is available.

Babu Kilari

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response!

what iam trying to say in my above post is  "Will it possible to substitute one product with multiple substitute products at a time"

Ex:

stocks of the products as follows

A-1000

B-500

C-1000

Actual flow

-------------------------

If i create a sale order for the product A with requested qty as 4000......As per RBA first it will check A it will confirm 1000 and then it come to B will confirm 500 and finally 1000qty should confirm form product C. its not happening in my scenatio

In have to excute that scenario only but its substituing either substitue Prod B or Prod C is only. iam not getting two sub line items at a time . what have to do for substitue all related products at a time..

I hope that u can get my question at least this time

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

in your rule control, what have you maintained in the access strategy for subsitution lists?

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie

Please find the below comments

in your rule control, what have you maintained in the access strategy for subsitution lists?

Product: work forward from input

loc.product: empty

str.chars: only use input values

Regards

Sudhakar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar

Please paste the screenshot of your Product Substitution Procedure. I hope you have enough stock on Product B and C to get the confirmation against ?

Also, were you able to do the necessary configuration for the item categories of Sub items ? And, I hope you didn't select the "Merge Subitems" option in the check instruction. You should not select that.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

One more query!

Is their any way to upload alternative  Products in /SAPAP/RBA04. It is difficult to maaintain in each and every system.

Any solution for this.

Regards

Sudhakar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't transport the RBA rules. It is master data. You need to build your own ABAP tool to upload the product substitutions. Please bear in mind that in each SCN thread there should only be one question according to the rules of engagement of SCN. For any new question, you should open a new thread.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

Find above screen shot for my issue

Rule not picking could you all help in this regrad

Regards

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: sudhakar padam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudhakar,

have you maintained the From date and To date in the product substitution list? have you also maintained the checking horizon calendar, if the you are considering the CH in the scope of check?

i feel the problem could be in the RBA04 / Rule determination

sudhakar_padam
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Rorie

I maintained From and To date in the Product Subtitution list.

I haven't configured any checking horizon calender.

could you please help me in this regard?

One more but its working in simulation mode /sapaapo/ac04.. but same not reflecting from sale order.......