cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System doesnt compare dates of PD in top down scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query. In a project structure, at project definition  i am using scheduling scenario - Top Down . There is a 4 level of WBSEs and network/activites assigned to the 4th level WBSEs . When i save system checks the date of activites lies withing date of 4th level WBSE , and date of 4th level WBSE within date of 3rd level WBSE , this goes till 1st level WBSE. But system does not compare the date of 1st level WBSE with the date of project definition.

For eg: Start date at PD = 31.01.2008

Finish date at PD= 31.12.2019

At 1st level WBSE

Basic Start date= 01.01.2001

Basic End date =  31.12.2016

When i save , system doesnt give date conflict error and allow to save the project. So i just want to know how can i make system to compare date of 1st level, WBSE with dates of project definition.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

When the finish date of L2 WBS element is in future compared to Level 1. System will display a warning message, you can change to error message if required.

Since this is forward scheduling, you will get the dates updated from Lower level to top level WBS element.

Try with bottom up planning, hope it will update the top level based on the lower level WBS elements.

Else you need to change the warning to error, to make the user aware to change the scheduling dates.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

We are not using scheduling at all, in WBS scheduling and network sceduling profile "Automatic scheduling" is not set and no one is allowed to do scheduling manually either, user is manually putting dates on project definition, WBSEs, network and activites.And moreover forward scheduling is for network and since we are not using scheduling functionality so it is of no relevance. My question is if we adopt scheduling scenario as top down then  should system give a date conflict error if WBSEs date is outside the project definition date range.

Thanks.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Thanks for the info.

When you adopt the scheduling scenario, there will be a warning message triggered when the dates of lower WBS element are beyond the date of Top level WBS element.

Do you say this message is not triggered in your system

If yes, please for SAP OSS notes online and raise a request to SAP

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

When subordinate WBSE date is outside the superior WBSE date range then system triggers an error message. This error message comes only when dates are outside range within WBS elements. But when system compares the dates of WBSE with Project definition date and if let say 1st level WBSE date is outside the project definition date range then system gives only a warning message .

And as i have read that if we adopt top down scheduling scenario then " The scheduling dates are defined by top hierarchy elements, that is the project definition or the WBS elements, and limit the dates of the activities"

I just want to understand, as per this definition of top down sceduling scenario, is system behaving correctly if it is not throwing an error message when WBSE date is outside PD date range.

Thanks.