cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding Sender Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we have a synchronous scenario Webservice (exposed in PI) <-> PI <-> RFC. The problem ara with characters like è or ç that doesn't appear correctly with UTF-8. I have read some threads, and I think the encoding can't be changed in a SOAP Sender, only in the Receiver.

In R/3 the text is appearing like 'Econòmic' and we are logging in the RFC channel in the suitable language.

Do you know where we could do the change of the encoding? Is it possible in the message mapping?

Thanks & Regards,

Xavier.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

In the sender side the problem should be in which the sender application send the message, have you tried to expose this URL:  http://host:port /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c&xmlenc=utf-8

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

as I understood in a SAP Note, the xmlenc is for the response. I will try with the SOAP sender parameters to see if it is possible to change the encoding.

Thanks & Regards,

Xavier.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

You are right i misunderstood your requirement, Haver you tried to make the call via SOAPUI with the UTF-8 on the header? .

Probably, the message is arriving corrupted to PI, therefore i think you can't solve with any module bean/java mapping

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

I tested with SoapUi and UTF-8 encodinf. In PI looks the same with the strange character, but in R/3 the text is now correct.

I am going to talk to the team who consumes the Web Service, because something must be wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Xavier.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

If in ECC is right now, in PI the problem could be in your PC browser, the chunk character still appears when you choose "See source code" over the payload?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

that was my fault I think. I had a parameter in the SOAP Adapter to change the encoding, I deleted it, and now in PI monitoring appears correctly testing with Soap Ui.

Many thanks,

Xavier.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check your consuming application. They should use the correct encoding too.

Kind regards,

Dimitri