cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename a formula in Data Foundation

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Question may be simple but I am really struck at this point.

I am in the process of creating the business view where I was successful in creating the Data Connection and now I am in Data Foundation.... this is where I was struck.

In Data Foundation I am trying to create Formula but unfortunately I am unable to rename those in short when I click on Insert Formula there is window opened with name New Formula1 now here I am unable to give any user defined name as Employee Name to the formual.

Kindly help in this aspect.

Thanks for your time.

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

After you create the formula, highlight the field > Hit the F2 button. Does this work?

-Abhilash

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash for your reply.

I have already tried that but unfortunatley it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I hope try the below normal point.

First thing u just created the formula and save the data foundation after close the project once.

Reopen the project after rename the formula in data foundation i.e Employee Name.

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Any more updates...................

Regards,

DJ

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse Dhananjay... followed your steps but the result is same can't rename there is no option to rename for the formula created in data foundation

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The formula can be renamed from the 'Property Browser' on the left. If you don't see the 'Property Browser', go to View option on the top and select 'Property Browser'.

-Abhilash

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

This was an exceptional answer.... thank you very much..

Answers (0)