cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg_Access Request Submission Notification to GRAC_REQUESTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issues in SAP GRC 10.0 with respect to Notifications and variables, Currently in the Process SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST, i have by default global notification settings which are mentioned below.

Notification Event                              Template ID                                Recipient ID

1. END_OF_REQUEST                         GRAC_AR_CLOSE                    GRAC_USER

2. REQUEST_SUBMISSION                  GRAC_AR_SUBMIT                   GRAC_REQUESTER

Now when i try to create a change access request which is by adding roles to the user in the connector system, the request gets submitted. So because of the Request Submission Notification event , a notification is sent to the requester and notification has the text which is mentioned in the document object associated to the message class<0AC_AR_SUBMIT>. Now i have created a custom Document object <Z_GRAC_AR_SUBMIT_BODY> and assigned that to the <0AC_AR_SUBMIT> by maintaining the table GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and also have changed the subject in that.

But Now when the requester receives the notification, the subject is < Access Request Submission Notification > where as it is mentioned differently as shown below.

Where as when the requester gets the submission notification as shown below, it looks different, i mean even the first name and last name too are not coming correctly.

where as the user name maintained in the Requester's User master record is

Could you please help why there are discrepencies and also how can i know where the sender is maintained, the mail id which sends the notifcations to the users.

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

can you try the variable %REQUESTER_NAME% instead of first and last name. This should work.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I will try that too and update if it is working or not!!!!

Do you any idea of how to add new notification variables like APPROVER_NAME etc....

Thanks a lot for your efforts!!!!

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maram,

check out this document:

Regards,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filip,

i have found out answer to one one part.

Actually I have followed that document, and forgot to update one step, that is once i have created a custom document object thru SE61 and then we also need to assign it through SPRO-->GRC-->Access Control-->Maintain Custom Notification messages where we assign the custom document object to the message class and also we can update the sender there< from which user id's email id the notification mail should go to the requester) that is the reason why the mail is coming from GRCIDM rather than WF-BATCH...

I have one more question , when ever requester is trying to raise a change request for assigning of roles to other user, when i click on the requester link as shown below, it is showing me details of the requester which in connector system.

Note:Requester user id MARAMNA is present in both GRC system and connector system, where as it is showing me the details of connector system rather than GRC system.

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

how did you configure your user detail data source? Please be aware that the system is pulling the information from the seq #1 data source. If the information is different in GRC than in the ECC, but ECC is defined as sequence #1, it will show the information from ECC.

Do you understand?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I have checked in SPRO-->Access Control-->Maintain Data Sources Configuration where SEQ 1 is set to my backend ECC system with USER DATA TYPE as SU01.

Then in that case, do you think all the requesters who are requesting access should be there in GRC system and backend system too.

If not, how exactly i need to follow .

Thanks a lot for your help .....

Regards,

Naga.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

the user information (first name, last name, manager, etc.) is picked from the User Detail Data Source. So if you have ECC defined with SU01 then GRC picks the information from ECC via SU01.

Requestors should exist at least in the GRC system to create the access request. In most scenarios users exist in both system (GRC and backend) as most of the time the requestor is a key user who also works in the ECC.

For some reasons it can be that users only exist in GRC. Like managers who only approve access reuqests or IT personnel who doesn't work with ECC.

Considering all in the end it depends on your requirement and how you set up your system and processes. I can only share my approach and how I think it is correct. But as I don't know your business and processes it is very hard to say that's right or wrong.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

What details appear on the Actual User Access Request in GRC? Is it the same as the SU01 details you  have shown?

In relation to the Sender isn't that the configuration parameter for workflow? You specify that user in your Access Controls Config parameter 1113?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I forgot to mention that when i go into NWBC-->Access request creation--> try to click on the Request link which is at top left corner--> the below screen is popped up and i dont see the required field values there...

I think that is the reason, why the details are not coming in the notification mail which is sent to the requester.

Also , i was checking the SPRO config parameters WF-BACTH is present where as the Access request submission notification is sent by different user GRCIDM GRCIDM <grcidm@mail.glbsnet.com>.

Thanks a lot lot for your efforts!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Could you please confirm me that i need to look at the SU01 detail in the GRC system only rite, rather than in connector system...

Thanks and Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.