Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAD setting for Hindi smartform Printing

former_member206454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody ,

I have made a hindi smartform which is showing the hindi font in print preview , however when I am printing it or converting to PDF , it is showing #######  . Please let me the the SPAD setting for Hindi printing . My printer is printing the hindi font perfectly when Printing from MS Word . Please help in resolving the issue .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

We can achieve this with certain step as below -

1. Upload a true type font to R3 in font family (lekhani_dynamic.ttf is preferred) using SE73

2. Now attach that font to ZSAPWIN using AFM file (if ZSAPWIN doesn't exist then create it, and make sure font metrics is correct) (Download SAP Note 809034 - Support for Arabic with SAPWIN)

3.generate the font in ZSAPWIN.

Make sure your printer supports Hindi fonts and you have this font installed in your windows.

You’ll need to do the following:

1. Make sure “Arial Unicode MS” and (say) “Mangal” fonts exists on the machine where you’re designing forms. I’m taking an example of Hindi language support (and hence Mangal font used).

2. Get Asian and Central European font pack for Adobe

If using Reader 8: Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html,

select Reader version -> Korean as the Font Pack Language -> Platform

If using Reader 9: Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3982

to download the Korean font pack

3. Please note, these font packs are required to be present on client setup, i.e. where reader is installed to display Indian language fonts correctly. This is a on time activity. It is also possible that the reader installation already has the font packs installed. For this, on your PC: Go to My Computer >> C Drive >> Program Files >> Adobe >> Reader 8.0 (or whatever your version is) >> Resource >> Font

Regarding SPAD settings - set access method for output device as F (printing on front end computer) in SPAD.

You are able to see preview in Hindi because you must have added the language in I18N. After above steps you would be able to print in Hindi Font.

Having said that, I'd recommend you to refer SAP Note 895560 - Support for languages only available in Unicode systems for respective prerequisites in this regard.

I am sure you would not have any trouble printing in Hindi Font anymore after this. Let me know, if you require any clarification.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member186491
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

We can achieve this with certain step as below -

1. Upload a true type font to R3 in font family (lekhani_dynamic.ttf is preferred) using SE73

2. Now attach that font to ZSAPWIN using AFM file (if ZSAPWIN doesn't exist then create it, and make sure font metrics is correct) (Download SAP Note 809034 - Support for Arabic with SAPWIN)

3.generate the font in ZSAPWIN.

Make sure your printer supports Hindi fonts and you have this font installed in your windows.

You’ll need to do the following:

1. Make sure “Arial Unicode MS” and (say) “Mangal” fonts exists on the machine where you’re designing forms. I’m taking an example of Hindi language support (and hence Mangal font used).

2. Get Asian and Central European font pack for Adobe

If using Reader 8: Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html,

select Reader version -> Korean as the Font Pack Language -> Platform

If using Reader 9: Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3982

to download the Korean font pack

3. Please note, these font packs are required to be present on client setup, i.e. where reader is installed to display Indian language fonts correctly. This is a on time activity. It is also possible that the reader installation already has the font packs installed. For this, on your PC: Go to My Computer >> C Drive >> Program Files >> Adobe >> Reader 8.0 (or whatever your version is) >> Resource >> Font

Regarding SPAD settings - set access method for output device as F (printing on front end computer) in SPAD.

You are able to see preview in Hindi because you must have added the language in I18N. After above steps you would be able to print in Hindi Font.

Having said that, I'd recommend you to refer SAP Note 895560 - Support for languages only available in Unicode systems for respective prerequisites in this regard.

I am sure you would not have any trouble printing in Hindi Font anymore after this. Let me know, if you require any clarification.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

0 Kudos

Hi, I had similar problem with Arabic language. apart from what Kumar Saurav has mentioned, SAP Printer driver (the driver attached to Printer in SPAD) should also support Hindi language.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Followed the steps but getting no result.

Kindly guide here.

Regards,

NM

alexander_bolloni
Contributor

Hi,

for Printing from SF, you need to use device type SWINCF (as described in note 895560), not SAPWIN or a copy of SAPWIN .

SAPWIN is a non-Unicode device type. It can never support Hindi.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

Hello Alexander Bolloni,

Issue has been solved from changing SAPWIN to SWINCF.

Thankyou. Great Help.