cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auctions performance in Sourcing 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,
I have a question about auctions performance in SAP Sourcing 10. Is there any limitation in the quantity of open auctions during the same time for buy-side or sell-side? If not, is there any drop in performance in that case?

Thanks in advance,
Przemyslaw

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw,

The system should be sized for the number of concurrent users (including suppliers as well as internal users) with consideration for the size and number of concurrent events.  Can you provide some insight as to what the "average" size of your auctions would be?  For example, how many suppliers will be bidding on a single auction on average?  How many line items will you be including in a single auction on average.  What else might be going on in the system at the same time?  For example, will you also have RFx processes running at the same time?  I think it's hard to answer this kind of question without having more context.

Thanks much,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rosemary,
Thanks for reply.

Our client runs approximately 60 auctions per day but we should assume the worst case - all of them running at the same moment. This amount corresponds to 60 users in buy-side and 600 users in sell-side (10 vendors per auction). We should also estimate 5 line items per auction. All of these figures will increase in future.

Moreover, at the same time other users will work in different modules of the system (RFx processes for example).

Best,
Przemyslaw

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw,

If you're running 60 auctions per day with 660 users (suppliers and internal), you also have to consider anything else is going on in the system such as the RFx's that you mention.  I would say that you really have to consider the size of the system to support the possible number of concurrent users.  You'd be better off to size the system on the "larger" side particularly where you're running so many auctions.  You certainly don't want to have problems during an auction so you want to be sure that the system is sized large enough to accommodate the number of users that could be in the system at the same time. 

Thanks much,

Rosemary

Answers (0)