cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 changes dim members in report by itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're using BPC 10, version for MS, SP18.

When developing templates, I sometimes stumble upon the error, that I first create a report with, say, base level of a certain dimension in the rows. After some steps in developing the template, the rows are either turned into static values in the report editor, or the report editor changed my initial instruction to Context.

I don't really know when or why this happens (can't really reproduce it seriously, it just 'happens sometimes'). Has anybody else seen this behaviour?

Thanks, Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

there is an option in the sheet options on the refresh tab "restore dynamic selection on refresh after navigation". This is what the offical EPM user guide says:

For example, you perform a dynamic selection and select the member Europe with the Member and Children relationship. When you perform a collapse on one of its children in your report, the selection becomes static (you can check this by opening the Member Selector).

However, to restore the dynamic selection, you can select the Restore Dynamic Selection on Refresh after Navigation option in the Refresh tab of the Sheet Options. You must select this option before performing an expand or collapse. Once you have performed an expand or collapse, refresh the report: the report is restored with the dynamic selection.

BR,

Arnold