Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG: copy menus with option Import from file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to assign my workbooks to a role. I came across the option of import from file and also checked OSS note 389675. Does anybody know how can we create YOUR_OWN_NODE described in this OSS note. Also is there any other option to upload workbooks to Menus without doing it manualy ?

Kindly help on this.

Thanks

Pushpa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your own nodes can be created by following the (slightly arcane) numbering convention that is detailed in the note.

I use a spreadsheet that has:

Sheet 1: Counters for the menu structure (headings Object ID, Parent Node, Sequence Number)

Sheet 2: Node details e.g. transactions and descriptions.  Could be other nodes like URL, workbooks etc

Sheet 3: Combination of Sheet 1 & 2 with the relevant spacings to generate the input file (you can get these from the example txt file).

The trick is to understand how the counters work for your usage scenario and how you can get the data into the file in a systematic and repeatable way.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your own nodes can be created by following the (slightly arcane) numbering convention that is detailed in the note.

I use a spreadsheet that has:

Sheet 1: Counters for the menu structure (headings Object ID, Parent Node, Sequence Number)

Sheet 2: Node details e.g. transactions and descriptions.  Could be other nodes like URL, workbooks etc

Sheet 3: Combination of Sheet 1 & 2 with the relevant spacings to generate the input file (you can get these from the example txt file).

The trick is to understand how the counters work for your usage scenario and how you can get the data into the file in a systematic and repeatable way.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I debugged the program and found that to add workbooks to menus in pfcg we have to have node detail as transaction and description should be RRMX . As per the note, description is alotted 255 characters. Hence the workbook id should be given after a spacing of 255 characters from description.

Similar way we can add reports as well.

Thanks for the help which made me realize that the internal table which takes values from the file must be having the details for spacing.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for updating with the solution for workbooks!