cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 Dual Stack User-Defined Message Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have implemented an Integrated configuration scenario SOAP-> PI – ABAP Proxy the scenario is sync the. The scenario has no mapping so
no operation mapping exist in the configuration scenario.

I tried setting up UDMS on the java stack without any success.

My questions are: is it possible to use UDMS if there is no mapping steps? And also does UDMS work for sync messages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

If the payload data is in xml format, then you can use user defined message search in by pass scenario as well.

The user defined message search does not work for synchronous interfaces.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

We have an user defined message search that someone designed that works for synchronous interfaces?

Do you have that document that says its not possible. Would like to see what they mean by it does not work.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Indrajit,

Found the document.

Its strange because we do have a working sync interface. On the message to the thrid party we can search for Doc number.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus

Check this document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

On the very fast line it is written

"User Defined Message Search enables to search for asynchronous messages using the information available in payload or adapter-specific message attributes."

Last time we tried to configure UDMS for sync messages, but we were not able do that.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanx. Let me try and create a new scenario from scratch and see if i am able to recreate it that it works.

Thank you,

Jannus Botha

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried User defined messages search for synchronous interfaces, it didn't work for me and also gone through the below thread and commented the lines in the program as mentioned but it is not working.

Have any one tried this. Please let me know whether the UDMS works for Sync interfaces or not?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steph,

Have a look a these.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Take a look at