SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating CT/VT devices and limiting devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I have to create devices other than meters like CT, VT, and Limiting devices. I beleive I have to create a device category for them.

My question is : Do CT/VT devices come under "transformer" basic device categories? I also need help in what parameters I should configure in the 'winding groups' required for setting up the device category for transformers.

What Basic Device Category do limiting devices come into? Do they a need a register group? Because I have to give a register group or winding group (for transformers) while creating the device in IQ01.

Any help is highly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deigo ,

CT/VT comes under 'Transformer' basic device category .

You don't need to assign register group as it is transformer device category .

Winding group and Input / Output group need to assigned.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul, but I know that the CT/VT comes under transformer device category and needs to be assigned a winding group and not a register group. I had already mentioned that in my quesiton above.

What I am asking is what parameters to put in the winding group creation. I am bit confused regarding that. For example: in the primary and secory rows in the winding groups set up.

Regards,

Deigo

0 Kudos

Hello,

Below basic details are required for Winding group cretaion.

Transform. typCT or VT
Winding categPrimary/Secondary
Winding TypeMeasuring Winding
Transform.curr.for CT
Transf. voltagefor VT
Propose PW
Sec. is default

Thanks,

LN