SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSM3 - MARD entry is not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

When we perform Listing activity using WSM3, MARD entry is not getting updated . Articles are not getting extended to storage locations.

We verified and found OK for reference article and site entries.

Please advice.

Regards

Sesha.

Use a proper subject to get the right people view your question   Subject was edited by: Jürgen L

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please advise on the above issue please.

Regards

Sesha

0 Kudos

I would check the reference articles of the corresponding merchandize categories if MARD segments are created for the relevant reference site for DCs (general) and stores (general and distribution channel). That's usually where the data are coppied from during listing.

But instead of using the listing to create MARD entries you can also let the first goods movement create the storage location (configuration on the goods movement type).

0 Kudos

Dear Carsten,

Thank you for your valuable inputs. We already having that configuration of having storage location data getting created when goods movement happens.

To be more specific, we did not find this issue earlier. Only it is happening in recent days and we are getting error saying article not extended to Storage location.

Previously MARD entry is getting created. In recent days, we are facing this issue.

Please advise where we can check the changes in this regard.

Regards

Sesha.

0 Kudos

Is there a Reference Article assigned to the Merchandise Category of your Article?  There should be.

Maintain the Storage Location on the Logistics DC and Logistics Store views of your Reference Articles.  The SLOC will be copied during listing.

- Paul

------------------------------------

Paul R Gendreau, Jr

SAP Retail

0 Kudos

When do you get the error 'article not extended to Storage location' ?

You are saying that auto creation of storage location is activated (I am hoping it is activated for all required mvt types and sites), in that case you should not get this error during article movement.

I am new to SAP IS retails, but I am pretty sure about above settings.

About listing, what I observed is - it seems it (WSM3) does not extend articles to MARD level.

I even tried what Paul mentioned -

I have reference article assigned to MC, this article is created for reference site (maintained in WSS1) and also extended to Sloc of that reference site.

Also, this reference site is used to group other sites in REFSITE and then assigned to assortment as a assortment user/customer.

Then I created the article for one of the sites, assigned to reference site.

When I listed this article to assortment using WSM3 (procedure 02), it was listed and extended to other sites assigned to reference site to MARC level only.

Not sure if I missed any other setting, but thats how it worked.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes, you are corret. Rerference article exists. Also I have mentioned in my first communication " We verified and found OK for reference article and site entries. ".

Now I will explain where exactly the problem we are getting.

We are getting the above error when Sales orders are creating for that article. As a work around, we are going to MM42 and updating the field MARC-LGFSB manually with the storage location. Then we could able to process the sales order.

We are not getting any clue, why this field is not getting updated and also why MARD entries also not updated while listing.

Please advice.

Regards

Sesha

0 Kudos

Hi Paul / Sesha,

Please ignore my earlier reply as I could replicate the scenario successfully. We had the similar error, but as we have auto storage location creation activated, the number of errors were less (we were getting the error during 251 posting where there is no earlier movement/stock).

In our case, storage location filed (MARC-LGFSB) was hidden. I made is optional and maintained the storage location (for WSS1 reference site) here for MC reference article. It worked, all the new articles are now getting extended to storage location.

In my previous reply, I had maintained it on RP view, it was hidden on MARC-LGFSB.

Thanks Paul.

Regards,

Pat.