cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add & fill custom fields in POWL Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need to create a new POWL Query and should show the Defect data of each Issue ID. I looked for tutorials and threads about POWL queries but can't seem to find the information I needed.

In details, I need a new query which should be available in NWBC -> Quality Issue Management -> Worklists. We already have one which is an overview of all Issues, but I need to create a new worklist which displays the Defect data of each Issue. (Please note, I am new to QIM and this is my first time handling QIM requirement.)

May I ask if you can guide me or if you know some links where there are steps how can I extract the Defect data? I also looked at OSS Note 1865206, is the steps for "Additional result fields" all I need?

Thanks,

Leo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Please check the above post with a list of common reports used for POWL queries, for QIM worklists I have often used POWL_D04 and POWL_D06:

POWL Reports - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leo,

Were you ever able to get a the above ? It is possible to show this with some changes in SMT mappings and using the hierchary filter option on the worklist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The above was cancelled, but now I need to look why the query is not automatically refreshing the data when I changed the worklist parameters. It doesn't also refreshes the data when I click "Refresh list" button below the table in NWBC QIM worklist view:

But when I close the tab and reopen it, it now displays the updated list.

I tried the refresh configs I found here, but still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Eo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you changing the worklist parameters in configuration, or on the worklist page on the UI ? If its in configuration, then you need to run some of the POWL refresh programs after changes are made ( program POWL_WLOAD is a basic one),

The refresh button should be the key to refresh, but it does depend on your configuration settings. Check transaction code POWL_QUERY, and then find your query ID ( quality issue is one of the basic) and double click on it and then Refresh Type field to "on first page visit" or "on every page visit (depending on what you want).