Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of start date with backward scheduling

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing an issue related to backward scheduling. I have requirement in which whenever backward scheduling is used, system should calculate from last activity to first for calculation of schedules which is fine. But when running scheduling i am giving finish date as input and system is always using start date as current date and not calculation last date from last. For example if i input finish date as 15 feb 2015, and there is only one activity of 15 days, system should count start date from 1 feb 2015. Please help me how i can achieve this, currently its always putting start date as current date.

My current settings are--

Project definition-  WBS Scheduling profile-  Backward scheduling

scheduling scenario-  Free scheduling

Network-      Planning type- basic dates

Scheduling type- Backward

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is mandatory to complete information related to : "CONSTRAINTS".

Try in this tab using "Finish On" option.

Regards,

Juan

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I can put the constraints but its not affecting the start date. My requirement is that when i do backward scheduling system should calculate start date of the project from last but currently its keeping current date as start date.

Dear all please help if you have faced same issue.

Thanks.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all, this issue is resloved. Reason was that by default i am using forward scheduling for all project but in case of backward scheduling, user change schedule type at project definition and network. I was removing start date and putting finish date and running scheduling. Missing step from my side was i need to first copy date from top to down than run scheduling again.

Thanks.