cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between NAST and SOST to determine sucess or failure of an email O/P?

0 Kudos

We have a requirment where we proactively need to send details of the failed email and fax outputs to sales reps . In NAST an email output is set as successfully processed once this message is transferred to exchange server for processing .If for any reason the email O/P fails in SOST the NAST will not be updated with the error status. Is there any way we capture this error in SOST and link it back to the order or delivery and the output type i.e. link the SOST record with NAST . Any sugessions are highly appreciated .I am unable to find a way to link the order/delivery +output type + Email O/P success or failed in SOST .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply . Even though we re run the jobs ,if the corrective action is not taken in order to solve the issue that caused the email failure like not enough space in the exchange server etc these will again fail.We are trying to notify people responsible for a particular object i.e. the order or delivery to reach out to concernered parties to solve the issue and process the failed email again.For this we need to know the object number such as order number / delivery no etc +O/P type +true status in SOST(only taking about email and fax). Please share any thought on how this link can be established .

Thanks

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NAST it will have the status related to the output condition and this depends whether all the processing has been completed or not like Idoc creation or Mail creation.

So in both the cases if output is able to create the Idoc and Mail then it will set the successful status to output.

But to send Idoc and Mail out of the Sap system is different process and it's basically depends on the connection between the two system or internet. In that case there might be some differences in the system because of which it will go in error.

In that case you have to set up the batch job to select all the failed SOST record and re sends them.

Regards

Suneet