cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give access at entity level

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using MDG 7.0 for our Customer & Vendor implementation. We have created our own custom parallel rule based workflow since our design requirement is different than the default workflow which is available with MDG activation.

In our workflow once the central Customer data is approved, the flow is split into parallel tasks of Company Code Data approver & Sales Org data approver. These approvers can also edit data. Now I have two below requirements:

1. The Company Code data approver should have edit access only to Company code entity and they should be able to only view other details. Similarly the Sales Org data approver should have edit access only to Sales Org entity. How can this be achieved?

2.   In a parallel workflow if any one of the task is "rejected/Send for revision" then how can we complete/invalidate the other parallel tasks                            automatically and the workflow has to be routed back to requestor?

This feature is available in the default parallel workflow given by SAP for Change Supplier.

Let me know if more details are required.

Regards,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should always create different posts for different questions.

1) you can assign different FPM configurations to different step numbers. in the company code step, make all the sales fields read-only and vice versa.

2) the standard workflow will not make other steps obsolete. since you already built your own workflow you can achieve that by creating a 3-branch fork (which needs two branches to complete): one for executing the sales step, another for executing the company code step, and the third waiting for "rejection" event. once a processor (sales or company code) rejects, the fork terminates because a processing branch completed and the wait-for-event branch completed.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for your reply. I will make sure in future to create different posts for different questions.

I forgot to mention earlier that I am using Dynamic Parallel Rule based workflow for creating Company Code & Sales Org steps. These steps are created based on whether Requestor has entered Company Code & Sales Org or not.

In your second answer you mentioned that I need to create 3 branch fork, are you pointing that it has to be done in ABAB workflow or it can be done using Dynamic Parallel Rule based workflow? If yes, then pls suggest a help document.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this post. It answers almost the same question there: .

0 Kudos

Thanks Abdullah!!

Answers (0)