cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto SLED update during GR

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have material with total shelf life 365 days in material master. This material batch-1 was produced on 1/1/2013. So considering total shelf life system had updated shelf life date to 1/1/2014.

Business had re-tested this batch and extended SLED date to 1/1/2015. Now today we have requirement to send this batch from plant-1 to plant-2.

So created stock transfer PO and doing GR against PO. Fyi, as of today batch production date is 1/1/13 and SLED date is 1/1/15.

So when we do GR, system gives information message saying SLED date updated from 1/1/5 to 1/1/14 and when we post GR document it updated new SLED date to 1/1/2014 in batch master. I think this is standard SAP behavior to update SLED date at GR considering production date + total shelf life.

But issue is when business had already extended SLED date to 1/1/2015 then why GR putting back to 1/1/2014? How can we change/stop system behavior so id doesn't update SLED date and put old date? Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, I think this should be SAP standard behavior. At the time of GR if the set expiration check date is active in SPRO, it will execute the checks again to determine new expiration date. You may check detail IMG activity documentation referring to below path

SPRO > Logistic - General > Batch Management > Shelf Life Expiration Date (SLED) Check > Shelf Life Expiration Date Check

I guess in your case you have to change it manually again in MSC2N else you can think of implementing customer exit to calculate SLED

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I believe you are not getting bellow message as Warning at the time of GR.

M7 214 Shelf life exp. date & of batch does not match entered sh. life exp. date &.

Go to, SPRO, IMG> Logistics General>Batch Management>Shelf Exp. Date check

Click on IMG activity Documentation

Go through this and also check documentation for M7 214 message,

If you do not get warning message, system will calculate new SLED based on Production date.

So, Check message type set for your user group, I dont know how to check it, May be Basis guy can help you out.

If you get Warning message M7 214, Old SLED will be retained.

Amol.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for info.

In my system earlier I use to get 12 008 (Shortfall of &2 &3 against SLED in current item (&1)) and

12 007 (Shortfall of &3 days against remaining shelf life in current item (&1 &2)) as error message.

So system was not allowing to post movement, so I turn both message to warning message.

Not sure how to get M7 214 during GR as warning? This message (M7 214) is already set as W but not getting pop-up of this message during GR.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you also put it into MM forum.