cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm affected because of new client copied from 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ll try to write correctly the problem we are facing.

Some coworker have installed a new Solman 7.1 SP11 where CHARM will be configured for a customer and as ussual he also created a different productive client 100 using a copy as per SPRO instructions where he used 000 as source for customizing and 001 as user master source. He also ran System Settings and Basic settings complete under Solman_Setup and everything is green as it should be.

The other coworker who is going to do the CHARM customizing for the client told us that the client copy should be complete from the 001 (customizing and master user) because that is the cause for a problem that she experienced before in another project and now in this one, the problem is like this. When doing a search at General attribute Maintenance there is nothing found:

As you can see there is nothing found during Organization Unit search but there is data in the table:

What I told them is that IT Service Wizard should be completed before but as I have never implemented CHARM in this version I´m not sure so they copied the client again from 001 (customizing and users) and it is all there now:

Could some guru explain us what is the correct way to follow?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

SAP has very clear recommendation of how to create new client in solution manager, please note below

1630984 - Which Client Copy options to use for SAP Solution Manager to create a new Client ?

let us know incase of doubt

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info, that is exactly the way I always create clients in Solman and in the specific sequence that note suggest. But for some reason this problem for Charm Customizing happens and I need to understand why there is no data when doing a search at General attribute Maintenance if I do the copy from 000 and doing it from 001 it has everything there.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Prakhar said please adopt note 1630984

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Always use the Client 001 must be the source client for system copy.

Please confirm this details in SCC3 logs.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your imput, according to SAP note 1630984 the client copy must be done using client 000 as source and 001 as user source. That is the way I have always done Solman Copies and my coworker is using the same way to create the new Client.

That is the confussion I have because according to the image you attached (I saw it some days before) then it should be 001 so what is correct? that is the point I want to get clear.

Regards,