Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.1 Initialize / Default Collection

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to default the Crew Member Collection from a complex table when the application initializes. I have added a Sub-Action to the Transmit Action which has an Enable Rule to determine if it executes.

My issue is when I launch the Agentry Application, the Transmit Action is triggered and I can see my Enable Rule returns - True but my Sub-Action doesn't execute. ATE log extract below -

The ATE log says my Action - ZCrewMemberDefaultAction has no enable rule configured, but the it has been set to "Always Enable"

However if I manually trigger the Transmit Action (after the application has initialized) my Sub-Action executes and the Crew Members are defaulted.

Can someone please help identify why my SubAction isn't being executed OR suggest any other options where I can execute my "Default Crew Member Logic" when the application is launched?

I'm targeting the WPF platform (v7.0.4.203) and the complete ATE log is attached.

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the parent action targeting "Main Object" else, what is most likely happening the rule is true but when it looks for the subobjet it fails.  Try pointing to :>Main Object:> CrewMember.

Stephen

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I made some adjustments to the Object targets but it still behaves the same way; only populating the crew member collection, when i manually trigger the transmit action.

The update Action/Sub-action hierarchy is below with the applicable Target Objects/Objects-

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you trying to auto run in the action.  Using the Modules Login Action?

This doesn't work with WPF clients client.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Of the actions in the ATE trace, Transmit seemed to make the most sense to try and plug my action into; hadn't tried the PM Login Action. I couldn't see other actions that might be suitable when the application is initialized.

As a last resort I was going to create a Fetch BAPI to populate the collection, but thought it was redundant because I already have the required data in the Complex Table.

OR

Create a "Default Crew" button on the Crew Management View (Just got that working)

Cheers.

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Not sure what you mean by "application is initialized", and "transmit action is running automatically".  Do you mean after the first initial transmit before the application has been loaded on the client?.  Please clarify what you mean by "manually trigger the transmit".  What is the alternative?  Transmit is always triggered manually unless you don't yet have the application down on the client.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Further clarifications below -

"Application is initialized"  - I'm referring when WM is launched for the first time and the application and data is initially fetched via the Transmit Action.

"Transmit action is running automatically" - Looking through the ATE logs I can see the Transmit Action being executed when navigating between different tabs e.g. Work Order -> Crew Management Tab, the Transmit is executed multiple times.

"Manually trigger the transmit" - When the user explicitly clicks the Transmit/Sync button in Work Manager.

Cheers.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Application is initialized"  - I'm referring when WM is launched for the first time and the application and data is initially fetched via the Transmit Action.

For this you would need to have your Collection have a fetch that is tagged as Main Fetch.

"Transmit action is running automatically" - Looking through the ATE logs I can see the Transmit Action being executed when navigating between different tabs e.g. Work Order -> Crew Management Tab, the Transmit is executed multiple times.

The Agentry Client doesn't call an action when jumping tabs.

Stephen

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

You can't run an action automatically after the initial transmit on all device types.  Don't call this the "Transmit Action".  Actions are logic constructs built in the editor.  The initial sync is not an action, but a built in client mechanism to load an application for the first time.  Under a module's definition, you will notice a "Successful login action".  You can force an action to run here after the initial transmit, but I believe this has only been implemented on Windows clients.  Not sure about the new WPF windows client.  If you require this functionality on a smart device, there is no way to accomplish it without user interaction to kick off your action that populates the collection.

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason & Stephen.

I've gone with the "Default Crew" button on my screen to trigger the action.

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

do you know if this is going to be "fixed"? I would definitively like to see this feature again in the "new" platforms.

Daniel

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I have no visibility into when things will be fixed these days unless it is something my group is waiting on.  I agree this would be a very useful feature to have on all clients.  Best thing to do would be to make the feature request yourself by filing a ticket with SAP.  The more people that request something, the quicker it will get prioritized to the top.

Answers (0)