cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Data Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are moving from one data provider to the other... Did anyone done this earlier?

I have the following questions... any inputs are highly appreciated.

1. Do we need to erase the existing SPL records? - I believe we should not delete in order to track old screenings - Correct me

2. If we are not erasing the existing lists - Do we need to load all the files from the new provider or a specific files?

3. If we are not erasing the existing lists and loading all the files from new provider, what is the impact on the screening results?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Alvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

I´m not yet a guru so I hope I don´t say something wrong, but here my input ...

1. As far as I know you are not able to completely "delete" a SPL record. By deleting it, the SPL entry is just marked with the deletion flag which is based on the technical validity (/SAPSLL/TSPL-DATBI) date. Afterwards you could archive those entries. Anyway, that means for further screenings it should still be possible to track with the "old" entries.

2. That highly depends on the files from your data provider. From our data provider for example the XML files we get always includes ALL data, so we would have only the option to load all new data.

3. In combination with step 1 there are different impacts and possibilities in my opinion. First I would think of the data from your old and new provider. Just remember that it would be possible in GTS to have SPL data from multiple data providers. Maybe one for US and one for Europe (just as an example). Then further on for sure you would screen across both data providers. If the data of your old provider is the same as from your new provider, you could think of limiting the SPL screening only to the data form your new provider, just by entering the specific data provider while starting the screening in the selection screen. This would be the easiest way to speed up the screening in my opinion. For the future i would think of archiving the old data to have a "proper" (clean) database ..

Just my opinion ...

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Sorry for delay in replying. That completely makes sense.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion and time taking for replying with detailed answers.

That really helped me.

Alvin

Answers (0)