cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timeout in IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have recently gone live  with SAP IDM  NW 7.31 and every now an then we are experiencing connection problems when logging into IDM. The timeout occurs after providing the login credentials which means it might be related to the connection to AD.

As I am new to IDM any valuable information to troubleshoot would be highly helpful.

Thanks

Vimal.SMR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vimal, welcome to IDM!

Can you tell us why you think it's the AD connection?  I'm assuming that you're using AD as the login repository against your NetWeaver instance.  Are there issues when logging into Portal or NW Administrator?

I'd start by checking the setup with your BASIS team, possibly by setting up a user who doesn't use AD for login if that is possible.

Let us know what happens

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reverting back.

Actually I am from SAP Basis Team who handles IDM support.

IDM team has raised this issue and I want to dig in and solve it .

We are being challenged  with Timeouts while the team is trying to connect with the SAP Server which authenticates to AD.

The issue is intermittent. And we are trying to access http://hostname:port idm/admin

I have very minimal knowledge on IDM and sorry that I might have not answered your above Q.

Let me know if you need further inputs and I will discuss with IDM team.

It would be of great help if you can let me know what troubleshooting checks needs to be performed for this.

Thanks

Vimal

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal,
                  I'm not sure what SP of IdM you are using but there is a known issue in below note
occurring in SP9

2037461 - Slow performance in Identity Management User Interface related to initial logon

resolved by patch fix.

Thanks,

Chris

SAP AGS

Answers (0)