cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA1: source system missing after restoring broken in midway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

We are doing the ECC system refresh (ECC PRD to QAS)

ECC QAS has connection with BW QAS

So we after we maintain the RFC logon , steps are as following

-----------------------------------------------------

Logon Q23 as client 0**

Run SU01 and change the password of ALEREMOTE to ‘****’ (must be uppercased)

Run SM59 and delete ABAP connection ABWCLNT0** if it exists.

Logon ABW using Client 0** as user sapsupport

Run SM59 and choose ABAP connection Q23CNLT0**, update the password of ALEREMOTE and perform connectivity test and make sure it is working fine.

After the steps above we continue on ABW with RSA1 (see picture 1) but unfortunately the remote connection is broken and when i logon RSA1 again
The Q23 client DISAPPEAR(see picture 2)!
Could anyone help to explain why ??? and how to fix/create the ECC QAS source system again ?
Thank you so much 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The best option would be to disconnect and reconnect the systems back using the function modules mentioned in the SAP note 184322 - Procedure after DB copy of BW source systems

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I created it by clicking on the icon of "SAP" then it will pop up a "create" tab

It takes me quite a long time around half an hour.

Finally it shown in the end of RSA1 screen , Q23CLNT0** source system is created successfully.

BUT the strange thing is i refresh the RSA1 screen , i can't not find the Q23 apears in the folder of SAP!!!

And i try to recreate , it shows in the end " Q23CLNT0** "already exist (see attached), how could it be , can anyone come to help?

thank you!

Best regards,

kate

Message was edited by: Kate Ji  i updated the content as above

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day Kate,

As you are doing the ECC system refresh the best would be to disconnect the systems in the ECC after the refresh (as they are from the source system) and reconnect with the right values using the function modules mentioned in the SAP note. Once that is done you connect to the BW system and call Tx RSA1 and activate them. These entries are stored in the table RSBASIDOC. You just need to take a screenshot of this table using Tx SE16 before the system copy procedure.

If you are doing the system copy of the BW system then you will need to recreate the source systems from scratch.

Regards

RB