cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating self connection in bw 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a newly configured BW 7.3 system.

can I know how we can configure self connection in BW syste. The reason I ask is..when I try to execute an InfoPack everytime it prompts for me to Logon everytime. for me it should not ask me to logon everytime I try to run an infopack.

Scenario:

I created an Data source in BW (not R/3, there is no connection with R/3) for this after replication, I created Infopack to get data into PSA.

While running this , it always asks for username and password. I believe if there is something called a self connection, it should take the credentials directly. Like if you have created RFC connection with R/3 (if you have) it should not prompt for user credentials.

Hope i am clear in what I am asking.

Please let me know if you need further details.

Kind Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check

RSA1 >> Source Systems >> SAP >> Select your system and right click and select check

If this not working select Connection Parameters it will open RFC and check RFC for Authorization..

Perform steps for BW and SAP both source system and let me know...

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thanks, I checked RSA1 --> Source systems --> BW node (I do not have R/3 system) --> Check (context menu) I get the attached message. Not sure if it means something. I checked the table RSBASIDOC as mentioned in the pop up. I see an entry there. Any clue please. RFC connection is all OK when I checked in sm59, test connection. its successful.

Please help.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

RSA1 > > Source System Menu > > Right click On Source System >> Restore

Make sure you have password for users

Let me know. I think you need to recreate BW as source system and check again.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

can you pls say what happens by doing the below. Does it ask me to create a new connection?

RSA1 > > Source System Menu > > Right click On Source System >> Restore.

Can I keep the existing setup and still create a new self connection. I am not a basis person therefore do not want to disturb what is already working.

Please suggest.

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

can you pls say what happens by doing the below. Does it ask me to create a new connection?

RSA1 > > Source System Menu > > Right click On Source System >> Restore.

It will restore the exiting connection.

Can I keep the existing setup and still create a new self connection. I am not a basis person therefore do not want to disturb what is already working.

If you want to create the new connection you can do that. is the Source system is SAP or Non SAP system?

Regards

Sriram

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

I do not think you can create samy type of multiple connections to self so this is not an option.

Some how you need to recrate self connection. If this is brand new installed system I would say do it.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh for the interest. I actually had issue because the self connection has some generic BPC user configured to it in SM59. I changed it to current user and the data loads are fine with out the user authentication error.

Thanks

Krishna