cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager and JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with solution manager but other than monitoring the WAS Java Runtime systems , upgrading them (support packs) and using the SLD are there any other connections with between the JDI and SLD ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

do you mean connection between JDI and SLD or between JDI and solution manager? JDI uses SLD for name reservations (DC, package, table names) and for SC dependencies. I'm not sure about the position of the solution manager either.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

the connection between JDI and Solution Manager. Since solution manager is supposed to be a central point to manage your business solution, I was wondering what kind of integration there is with the JDI.

We also need to position the SLD in our landscape. So far we were thinking of putting it with the JDI for JDI needs and having another one in solution manager for landscape definition.

We would then sync both with import and export ...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend to set up one central SLD on your Solution Manager system and let NWDI use that. I would never use manual import and export procedures: Too much hassle and error prone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , I agree. I would always prefer not to do synchronisation.

Since Sol Man will be in high availability and it SLD too , this would be a good place to put it. The question is wether development could impact solman with the JDI through the SLD ?

Thanks Pascal.

Answers (0)