cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMP folder utilized in usr/sap/trans/tmp directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Colleagues,

Background: Our usr/sap/trans directory is almost 96% utilized. Because of this, we are looking for folders to cleanup. We have cleaned EPS/in folder, etc. However, we are unsure for this TMP folder. We know that this folder holds the temporary files for logs. Upon searching in knowledge based articles, its the folder where support pack released logs get created. As these are tmp files, we are thinking to clear most of these files in the tmp folder.

My query is this. What would be the impact in clearing the contents of this folder? What are the other logs contained in this folder? As per note 485479, while importing a tp, system reads a file in this directory. Can you guide the impact in clearing the contents of the folder? Thank you!

Regards,

Meinard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meinard,

Use du -ks * to find the biggest directory and please share the details.

except transport logs you can clean up other files from temporary directory.

BR Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meinard,

If you have any temporay filesystem like /sapdvd , /saptemp..etc you can archive those files there and remove from /usr/sap/trans/tmp.

Ideally /usr/sap/trans/tmp has transport files and trans.log , rest you can move as per your need.

Hope it helps

BR Vaibhav

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For trans cleans up,

Please look at these links:

Deletion of Old Transports - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have already seen that as well as the corresponding note regarding TP clear old. However, the client does not want to delete transport files up until end of this year. As they have their own reason for this. This being said, i am looking at other files to be deleted. In the TMP directory, what is the impact in deleting the files under this?

Regards,

Meinard