cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters into Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a requirement where I'm trying to pass in variables into Design Studio to filter the report based on variable e.g. a Business Partner from CRM to generate a Sales Analytic Application.

I've successfully done this with the opendocument URL & variables from Business Objects - but this forces the page to reload each time, which takes a bit of time to happen which time wise isn't acceptable to the end users.

Prior to Design Studio (which I find very good), I've done this with Business Objects Dashboard Design using flash variables.

We are also able to use the SAPBW as the preferred 'Startup Mode' in Design Studio.

Does anybody know how I can change variables without opening the document each time?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mark after you change your filter, a reload will always be required.

But maybe you can improve your performancy of your DS application.

check out:

grtz

Koen

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to open another application in the same window?

Currently my code is:

APPLICATION.openNewWindow(

http://<>:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=<>);

This is working fine but the requirement is to open another dashboard in the same window?

Is this possible in Design Studio 1.3?

Thanks & Regards

Swasti

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clarifying question: Do you want it to replace the current page you have open or have it open in an IFRAME embedded in the current Design Studio Application?

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The requirement is to open the 2nd dashboard in the current page. Is it possible in Design Studio ver 1.3?

If not, then is IFRAME an alternative? How do we use IFRAME?

Thanks & Regards

Swasti

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Is your question similar to

Could you see if that answers it?

Tammy