Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration issues

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured the Alerts in PI7.3 and facing the following issues.

1) If I use my user name in fixed recipients, I am getting the alert emails to my email id and also getting them into the Alert Inbox. But if I use the user group (communication user) in fixed recipients, we are able to receive the emails to the group but not into the the Alert Inbox. Do i need to assign any roles to the communication user to receive alert emails into the Alert Inbox.

2) Some times I am getting alert emails with Sender details but with out message id and error category. I could't find any failures for the particular interfaces at that time. Why I am getting alerts without any interface failure?

I am getting alert email as below:

error:  (Category ) was found in message  from the below interface.(no category and message ID)

But when any interface got failure with mapping error, getting alert as below.

error: MAPPING.EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE (Category MAPPING) was found in message 98072A64339811E4CA39000000539256 from the below interface.

3) When I check "Suppress Multiple Alerts for this rule" I couldn't able to get the emails at all. I cleared the emails in alert inbox and tried but no luck.

Please suggest me the steps to fix this issues.

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) If I use my user name in fixed recipients, I am getting the alert emails to my email id and also getting them into the Alert Inbox. But if I use the user group (communication user) in fixed recipients, we are able to receive the emails to the group but not into the the Alert Inbox. Do i need to assign any roles to the communication user to receive alert emails into the Alert Inbox.

AFAIK - For accessing and displaying alerts in Alert inbox i believe it has to be a dialog user but not communication user.  A user can subscribe to it from RWB.

---------

2) Some times I am getting alert emails with Sender details but with out message id and error category. I could't find any failures for the particular interfaces at that time. Why I am getting alerts without any interface failure?

sometimes( temporary connectivity issues like timeout) a sender communication channel throws an exception when it could not connect to the destinations. During such instances you'll not have any message ID but an alert gets generated as the channel has an exception.

As soon as you receive the alert, try to look for channels which are in error state.

-------------

3) When I check "Suppress Multiple Alerts for this rule" I couldn't able to get the emails at all. I cleared the emails in alert inbox and tried but no luck.

Execute the report "RSALERTDISP " and see if you have any pending alerts to confirm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am getting alert email as below:

error:  (Category ) was found in message  from the below interface.(no category and message ID)

this can happen if you test the alerts from se38 using reports name RSALERTTEST. so you won't get message id.

Administration Reports - Alert Management (BC-SRV-GBT-ALM) - SAP Library

if you check "Suppress Multiple Alerts for this rule"  you have to confirm each alerts. then only you will get the mail.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

-->> Did you tried login with user group id in RWB and checked the alert inbox?

--->> Please check if there is any failure at sender channel. The message must be stopped in adapter engine.

-->> Please check SAP Note 1226909 - No alerts for a rule w / indicator "Suppress Multiple Alerts"

The below blog will help

regards.,

Harish