cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning macro question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I created a custom macro, which doesn't work as expected.

The function of the macro would be to compare 2 key figures in the Planning Book and if they are not equal show an alert. ( information ).

Do you have any idea where the problem could be?

Many thanks!

Br,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Roland,

I guess you did not know that there is an operator <> means not equal to.

Anyways I have simplified your macro to the following

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagannadha,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I tried your solution and it works, however I would have one more question: In your example the result is a pop-up information window which works fine, but when I change it to Alert/status function to provide the alerts in the alert monitor, i got no results. I have the alert profile setup done already.

Many thanks,

Br,

Roland

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Roland,

For the alert to collect in AMON1, use the following settings

And select the alert type in the overall profile. One important thing is to maintain the "Relative time interval"

Hope this helps

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

Many thanks for your support!

I have made a custom Alert type in Customizing and also made the Overall/ Application Profile for the alert.

Since I got no alerts in the Alert Monitor, but if I use the macro with "Process message function" it works fine with the pop-up windows.

Looks like there is some kind of setup I miss for the Alert monitor?

Br,

Roland

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Please check the following note:

Note 495166 - Tips and Tricks for Handling Alert Monitor

As said before, the note says "it is strongly recommended to set correctly the horizon in alert monitor setting to meet the validity of the alerts"

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland,

????  You didn't mention the circumstances under which the macro is to be triggered.

Typically, for DP, one sets up a background job to trigger the macros, which in turn will create the alert in the alert monitor.  Have you done this?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

The macro was triggered by a background job. The macro itself is the one what JB showed in the first response.

Br,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attached an image of alert profiles and the macro, and the alery type setup in SPRO, hope it helps!