cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-assign the CR in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a requirement to re-assign the Change Request to other person in MDG. For example, Person A created a CR to create a Customer. He started processing the CR and the status of the CR is "To be processed". Now the Person A left the company. So in this case, we have to re-assign this CR to another person say Person B, so that Person B can process it further.

Please guide me, how to re-assign the CR to Person B.

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Prem Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a standard workflow administration process. Your workflow admin can do so using transaction SWIA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Is there delegation and auto escalation funcationationaliy exists in MDG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delegation is also a standard workflow administration functionality; it is not specific to MDG. There is a "substitution" button in the workflow inbox that a user can setup. When people leave on vacation, they should set it up. When they leave the company, I would this delegation will be one of the last things on their minds. That's where Workflow Admin delegation is needed: transaction RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE.

As far as escalation, there is a "reminder" that you can set in the rule-based BRF+ decision table. However, it is very limited and only goes to the responsible person him-/herself. For real escalation to a manager or another support group, you will need to build a completely new custom workflow template that includes your escalation rules or at least a "sub-workflow" template that you can call from within the standard rule-based workflow template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdullah,

Thanks for the information !

I will check with Workflow admin person. So my understanding here is that once workflow admin delegates or re-assign the CR to the person B, then he can "Submit" the CR and proceed further. Is that correct?

Thanks & Regards,

Prem Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdullah

Is it possible for MDG requestor or MDG Approver can delgate in MDG UI only to second person instead of Workflow Adminstrator in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can forward your own items to other people. And you can setup someone else as your substitute. These are standard workflow functionalities available to end users.

former_member233553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Is there any option of substitution button from NWBC directly if yes where I can get that

former_member190949
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do this via workflow inbox from NWBC

Thanks,

Kavita

former_member233553
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kavita

Can you tell me one thing as I am new in MDG, actually requirement is : after certain step this substitution would not be happened how could I achieve it?

For example,: if after custodian level, any approver wants substitution to requester then message will be shown and it will be restricted, how do I achieve it.

varun_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J Sen,

this look like reject case, if yes.

You can implement dynamic agent services and code  there for sending back to requester.

Regards,

Varun

Answers (0)