cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update R3load on SWPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to update the R3Load version contained in the last SWPM version.

I've read the 2040866  - Update R3load for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0

These are the steps:

You download the required version of R3load from http://service.sap.com/swdc

1-You download the latest version of the software provisioning manager 1.0 archive as described in the installation guide of your SAP product,
available at http://service.sap.com/instguides .

2-You specify the directory where you want the software provisioning manager to be extracted while it starts up. For more information about
how to specify this directory, see the installation guide of your SAP product.

3-Before you start software provisioning manager, you unpack the R3load archive into the specified working directory (from step 3.). If
you are not sure about the working directory, you can also perform this step immediately after you have started SWPM.

4-You start the software provisioning manager 1.0 as described in the installation guide of your SAP product, select the desired procedure
from the product catalog and proceed to the first dialog.

5-If you have not unpacked the R3load archive (as described in step 4)because you didn't specify the working directory in advance, it has
been created after selecting a procedure from the product catalog. Unpack the R3load archive into this working directory.

6-Continue with the installation. The software provisioning manager 1.0 automatically uses the updated version of R3load.

But I don't find which it's working directory? sapinst_instdir? I can't find the r3load version to update it with the last one.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

According to the system copy guide "SAPinst creates a directory called sapinst_instdir, which is the current working directory for your installation, below the temporary directory of your operating system."

In that case it should be sapinst_instdir.

After starting sapinst you can search for "Working directory" in the sapinst log.

Additionally check this SAP note 1826587 - SAP NetWeaver installation using SWPM 1.0:exchange R3load

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I´ve copied the last version of r3load.exe into installation directory

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW740\ORA\COPY\EXP\AS-ABAP\EXP

But I've launched the export process and I'm getting the next message error about missing dll on the system.

How can I get this dll??

Thanks a lot.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Look into the path specified in link below on getting required dll file

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?

topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01974.1571200/doc/html/sde1391620642386.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do a quick search on the system to locate libSQLDBCHDB.dll and copy that file file to the <Drive>:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<NN>\exe and retry.

I believe it is present in the DBSL archive for the HANA database and it appears to me that the source system is running on Oracle and I am wondering why it needs this file.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the same but I'm getting this error.

Another doubt that I've found when I'm preparing the migration from SAP BW with Oracle db to SAP Hana db.

During the import of the files export of system source, this process must to be made into Hana server o from source server?

Application server could remain in source system with windows os separate from Hana db of Hana appliance?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the source system is running on Oracle then you should use the R3load file which is compatible to the database.

Answers (0)