cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control on GRN against PO before Good receipt

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Our management requirement is to restrict the GRN against the purchase order for all rejected materials. To meet this requirement we have activated

source inspection process in quality server for a material and is working fine. But the requirement is not getting fulfilled in the scenarios were vendor

delivers partial qty of material against purchase order. We have certain vendor who deliver partial qty due to capacity constraints and later after

fews day delivers the balance qty against same PO.  But in work-list of T-code = QI07 overall qty of PO gets converted to inspection lots.. We want

system to give us provision to generate partial inspection lots against the overall PO qty in QI07. Or else if possible please do confirm if there is some other solution to meet our requirements.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is simialr to your other discussion question.  Let me see if I understand the issue.

A PO is issued.  You create a souce inspection lot.  A portion of the material arrives and you do a GR for the material.  That portion of material is attacehd to the open, existing souce inspection lot which is processed and passed.

At some point later, you do GR for another portion of the material, (I am assuming for the same batch of material).  The GR does not create an inspection since the source lot passed and as a result the material goes directly to unrestricted.  Is this correct?

Question 1:  Do you really need source inspection active?  Why not just use regular GR inspections.  It sounds like you want every receipt inspected regardless of the previous inspection.  Why use source inspection if you don't need to?

Question 2: Do you have the indicator "Source insp. - no GR" on or off in the Q-info record?  You may have this on.  Try it with it off.

Question 3:  What is the setting for inspection lot control in for the 01 inspection type, (assuming you are using 01 inspection type for this).  Make sure it is set for each material document, batch, storage location.

Craig

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Our basic requirement is material quality should be check before performing Good receipt. We We don't want to use after Good receipt process due to some other third party software linkage.

Our requirement is getting fulfilled in source inspection process, but in source inspection process system generates inspection lots for overall qty, there is no option to make partial inspection lots.

So when the vendor sent the material against previous PO then we don't have option to generate inspection lot because it is already done previously.

So if this process can't we done thorugh source inspection then can you suggest some other process. but our basic requirement is that Good receipt should be happen in system if the material has not been cleared by quality person.

Regards,

Sun

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. as I said I wold use standard 01 inspetion.  But you indicate that due to a third party software linkage.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how that works and would have no way of being able to offer other suggestions.

The only thing I can think to try is to create a new inspection type for the 01 origin.  Possibly the new inspection type won't interact with your 3rd party software?  I depends on how they designed it and what it works with.

Craig

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said system should allow user to make GRN if the material UD is rejected for partial qty in PO's, then your source inspection lot rejection does not influence for the GRNs. I suggest below solution to you.

1. Define new Z inspection type for source inspection.

2. Create inspection lots manually whenever vendor informs business that partial quantity is ready for inspection and process them. You can mention PO number in short description field for reference.

3. If you want enhance your QA01 as ZQA01 and add PO number and PO item number field to the screen.

4. If you want to create inspection lots from background job then use BAPI for creating inspection lots. for this you need to develop Z table with Date, PO number, PO item number, material, vendor, etc. and Partial quantity for which inspection lots to be created. Use the logic something like this(this is just an idea) to address your clients needs.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will put here some light, if this manual inspection lot is there in future then it may effect the Vendor rating system .

Regards