cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Material delivery item should not be send via EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am having a problem with a cross company process. One plant uses the automatic delivery item generation of packing material because they want to have them in stock. But the receiving plant does not have them in stock. So, what we did, we created new packing materials for example 8500 and 1500 for a euro palett.

And on the EDI server we swith the packing material of the HU from 8500 to 1500, which works well.

But the problem is the delivery item of the packing material which should not be adviced to the receiving plant.

Do you know any User-Exit or customizing functionality in order to send only the real materials to the receiving plant?

I use the SPED message as well as DESADV Idocs where I need to cut the packing materials.

Thank you.

Manuel

Because nobody answered yet: Can you tell me if this idea does make sense or if I should follow another way?

Has nobody yet had this same problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I come to know from thread you do not need packing item in your stock.We did similar kind of packing process in our system.

Our process also Cross company scenario .We have two SAP system .In one system they issue goods through an outbound delivery with packing information against SO.We will use the Goods issue information from other system to create Inbound delivery in other system.

In the EDI file they send to us Pallet and Carton information along with file .So what we did we have created two packing articles ,One for carton and other one Pallet and these Values are maintained in TVARV table.

We have used DESADV/DELVRY07 idoc to create inbound delivery.PI Creates the Inbound delivery Idoc with HU information from other system ,While posting the inbound delivery we  used our packing articles to pack the Inbound delivery items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response.

What you describe is correct but my problem is not with the normal packing of a delivery item.

But if you have a Handling Unit in a delivery you can set it up so that automatically a delivery item is generated in the delivery for the packing material of the HU.

E.g.: Delivery item 1 material 123 is packed into Handling Unit 458770000000000001

This Handling Unit has packing material 1500 (palett)

If we post the WM-Transfer Order for delivery item 1 SAP automatically creates delivery item 9000001 with material 1500

because the material 1500 is stock relevant.

Now if we advice this delivery to a customer the delivery item 9000001 with material 1500 is also send to the customer but the customer has no material 1500 in his PO. So, every Idoc income will have an error.

So, my question is, is there a way in SAP to say, in the sending system we want to have material 1500 stock relevant but in the receiving system it is not stock relevant so it should not appear in the inbound delivery????

Regards,

Manuel

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the packing material configuration make it the packing material not relevant for delivery generation item as shown below

Also I have a question ,How you are communicating the delivery information to the customer .Is it EDI message or printout ?.

Even through if you are having the packing material line item ,you can modify smartform if it is printout ,or EDI message then ignore packing line items when you are sending the information to the customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Sridhar,

thank you so much for your support.

the setting in the screenshot is clear. And it is setted up as needed.

But, Yes, we use EDI. And the question is: How get I ignore the packing line item from sending trough EDI?

Thanks a lot for your help.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion you need to go with the custom message type or extension where you need to write the business rule to ignore the segment specific to material 1500 and then pass the IDoc value to PI or PI can also write the rule in their PAYLOAD to ignore the segment for material 1500 and then pass the IDoc value for further movement into receiving system

Recommended approach should be in ECC rather then PI

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are  doing field mapping outbound to the Customer tell the PI team if the Delivery line item 9000001 and onwards ignore the items when they send the dato EDI or this you can control in ECC on the outbound Idoc generation .ABAP persons can write a simple logic to ignore the items.

Answers (0)