cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent change with unlock tasklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

the problem occured to our customer with customizing urgent change. They want import transport request manually through tasklist, but if urgent change is in status "Authorized for Production", tasklist is still locked.

I can release transport only through action "Import Urgent Change into Production System".

I think it has something to do with SAP Solution Manager > Capabilities (Optional) > Change Request Management > Make Settings for Change Transaction Types.  We tried many options with action, but without success.

Could you somebody help me.

Best regards

Jan Strakoš

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

We need to use tasklist of UC to perform imports manually and not via actions in the CD.. If tasklist is unlocked, wouldn't the import action be able to be executed?

We have complex customer requirements that would need import of UC not via actions in the UC change document. Is there any other way to perform import of UC's? We would want to have UC's under specific statuses be imported to the TEST system environment. Thanks!

Rgds,

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

You may always use imports via task list of the project that linked to UC.

but this is import all project buffer in que.

What the reason of customers that they want use only task list and not actions?

And what is the problem to use actions?

Unlocked task list of UC will not give any benefits regarding to UC transport import or release.

It is more easy to switch UC statuses via actions and import will be done automatically.

Otherwise you need to go to Task list and press additional buttons that will do the same.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi Co,

did you find a solution for that problem? I have a similar requirement.

Cheers

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Marcus!

You should before execute task 'Lock/Release Transport Track incl. Role Types' in 'General tasks' group of UC's tasklist. This action will unlock task group for QAS or PRD and you can execute them manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the general Tasks are locked as well, the status of the urgent correction is Testing

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Unfortunately I didn't find a solution. Based on my tests, the urgent change tasklist is unlocked automatically when an import action is triggered. Afterwards, it locks the tasklist again so that no manual actions can be triggered via tasklist.

If you want to import via tasklist, you can do so by executing the import task of the Maintenance tasklist associated. This would require the tasklist variant SAP0 (remain in buffer queue) to be used by your Maintenance project.

Regards

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan and Luigi,

I think task list in Urgent Change is more for technical use but not for using it manually.

Why do you need to use a task list of UC ?

UC was configured in the way that you do not use task list...this is more for Normal Changes.

Even if you unlock the task list I don't see any benefits from this.

Can you clear your requirements.

Rg Dan

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey

I am also looking to import via tasklist of an urgent change. The tasks cant be unlocked in an urgent change tasklist. I get the error: Task plan cannot be changed

Is there anyway to have the tasks unlocked? Can this be configured?

Thanks!

Rgds,

Luigi

0 Kudos

Hi, Jan!

If anybody wants to execute tasks manually, he has to unlock related task group manually before. It's like in task list for maintenance project.You create it, you unlock it and then you execute tasks.

PPF and SOCM operations which can execute tasks can unlock task groups by themselves.

If you want to change this behavior you have to create your own implementation of BADI SOCM_PROCESS_ACTION (which will only unlock task group) and link it to related status in 'Make Settings for Change Transaction Types'.

Andrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you tried to edit the action profile with the conditions ,

choose the corresponding action from urgent correction action profile, check the method call condition and adjust accordingly.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you be more specific please.

I found SPRO > SAP Solution Manager > Capabilities (Optional) > Change Request Management > Schedule Manager > Define Additional Tasks for Task Lists, where I can add custom task. Is it the right way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Got to Action profile config Tcode crmc_action_conf  --> Choose your Custom Corrsponding Action profile--> Select ur Action Definition & in processing Details tab, Chosse Processing Parameters as

User_status : E0006 , PREDOC_STATUS : E0005.

Thanks

Jignesh