cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about output determination technique?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Please note that we maintain condition record for output : Sales by two ways as below;

1. Tcode VV11 by selecting required output condition type and parameters

2. Within a sales order, Go to EXTRAS >> OUTPUT >> HEADER >> EDIT and entering required parameter.

My questions are as below;

1. If we maintain record by VV11 and do not maintain within a sales order then issue output is not working.

2. If we maintain record within a sales order and not maintain by VV11 then issue output is working.

3. What is meaning of maintaining record by VV11?

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Please note that I have searched thread in Google and not found therefore asking to you all.

Thanks & Regards,

Manu Prajapati.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz check the followings:

1. highlight the output type, menu bar --> goto --> determination analysis, to see if it is due to missing output condition records

2. check 'manual' checkbox for the output type in the output determination procedure, if checked, only for manual

3. check 'requirement' the output type is with in the output determination procedure, and see if it is met

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Please refer as below;

1. I have checked menu bar Goto >> Determination Analysis and no condition record is found because no condition record is maintained by VV11.

2. Condition record maintain manually inside a sales order so it works for that specific sales order and allow to issue for output.

3. I have checked in output determination procedure in requirement and found 902 routine is assigned.

I understood that if we maintain condition record within a sales order then it will work only for that order.

Thanks & Regards,

Manu Prajapati.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

Do you have other open questions?

I suggest you read the theory of Output Determination.

Check related tables NACH, NAST

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manubhai

Also check what routine 902 does? May be that help you to understand why output is not getting processed for some of the scenarios.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked in Determination Analysis from the output screen of that sale order?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manubhai

Here are the answers to your above three question.

1. If we maintain record by VV11 and do not maintain within a sales order then issue output is not working. 

=> We maintain condition record inorder to process the outputs automatically for certain enterprize elements i.e. you may want to print the order acknowledgement for few sales areas and not all. So maintain the condition records only for thise elements for which automatic processing is to happen. Automatic processing of output type will not work some times if condition record is not maintained correct or the conditions are not met.

2. If we maintain record within a sales order and not maintain by VV11 then issue output is working.

=> You can always process an output type manually from a sales order, in this case system will not check for any conditions/routines neither for the condition record.

3. What is meaning of maintaining record by VV11?

=> As mentioned above use of this is to process/determine output automatically for a certain enterprize elements.

Let me know if you have any question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajapati

VV11 utilizes Condition Technique. Please identify the cause for the output type not determining the sales order when you maintained VV11.

Thanks