cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW NW Project versioning and best practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need help for if some thing availablefor NW GW, suppose I have a NW GW Project called ZFirst with one  Entity(Flight) and its got published and released to PROD.Later on I have a got a enhancement to add on other Entity(FlightConnection) to the same project ZFirst and imagine I need to modify the existing Entity(Flight) as well ... what is the better way to do it.

Is there any version controlling futfeature available for the tracking each enhancement with unique version like Ecplise and NWDI do....

Way to identify the enhancments done on GW service and to maintain before doing so.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

During the service creation i mean during run-time objects generation, u can give the version as per your conventions followed. But if at all When u change the same project, as per my knowledge i dont think u will get a chance to change the version because on any changes to service only our DPC and MPC gets changed but not the version. So i have seen we cannot change the version.

The same applies when u change service which is extended from a parent service as well.

Version can be given at the GW creation time but i dont think we can change it when we enhance it.

Regards,

Ashwin

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you can track the changes using version management for DPC and MPC classes.

Regards,

Chandra