cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Staging Raw Materials for CS Service Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WM Experts,

I seek your help in solution for a particular scenario.

My client accepts the customer-returns of faulty devices, repairs them and delivers back functioning device to customer. Faulty devices are received through a special returns sales order type (that is integrated with Customer Service module) and the repairs work is done via CS service order (IW32) which gets created directly from sales order. During repair, faulty components are replaced in the device and consumption of components is posted from service order using 261 movement. 261 movement reduces the stock in 914 interim storage (GI Area Production) and I'm trying to get the stock reduced from the actual production staging bin. I created a supply area, assigned it to the service order's work center and also created control cycle with the actual st.type and bin. But, service order is not recognizing the control cycle. In fact, I could not find the supply area value anywhere in service order. Do you know whether there is integration between CS and WM module similar to WM production staging for production orders ?

Best Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never heard about the CS integration with WM however the business process you mentioned is quite possible.

if i look the flow of production order then system create a reservation number against the production order with all the detail (storage type and bin from control cycle) and at the time of consumption it picks the storage type / bin from the reservation table

when you create CS service order (IW32) could you please check whether there is any entry in the reservation table(RESB) for that or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

I appreciate your reply. I checked RESB; storage type and bin fields don't have the value from control cycle and they are blank. Let me test by creating a production order for the same work center and check the reservation table. I'll get back afterI test. Thank you.

Br,

Ashok

nrameshkumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I have the same requirement. Can you help me or provide me input on how this is handled.

Thanks

Rameshkumar N

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may want read this blog from a SAP partner http://paperstreetenterprises.com/service-management-service-parts-staging/

where it is written that " service management has no integration with warehouse management "

But it talks about 3 different scenarios which may help you further in your process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

For testing the CS-WM integration, I created a work center with usage 009 (All task list types) so that I can use it in both Production Order and Service Order.

Production Order did consider the Supply Area in this work center and its Control Cycle. ie. in reservation table RESB, supply area, destination storage type and bin were present. However, Service Order didn't consider the Control Cycle data. In RESB, supply area is populated but destination type and bin are not there.

So, I conclude CS and WM are not integrated like PP-WM integration.

As a solution, We got a new IM movement type created for consumption posting in MM and linked that to new WM movement type with automatic TO creation.

Br,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Jurgen. This asserts my findings.

Br,

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Solution

1. 1. Execute Transaction BS12.
  2. 2. Double-click entry ORI.
  3. 3. Set the flag for business transaction RMLV.
  4. 4. Save the changes.

Execute transaction LP10

Now you can run the WM preparation for the service order

Fiorenzo , Italy

nrameshkumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Marco. This helps a lot. I didn't know about the BS12 transaction, do you know any documentation on other usage of this transaction.

Thanks
Again.